Return of the Darkness Upick - Full, Accepting Backups

Hosted and (will be) designed by @Icibalus
Reviewed by @eevee and @DatBird

Rules

Gameplay

• Day phases will last 48 hours, or until curtailed by an execution.
  • The execution will be decided by means of Majority + Plurality. If a simple majority of all living players are voting for somebody, the day will end early and they will be executed. Otherwise, the player with the most votes will be executed at hte end of the day.
  • If at the end of the day the votes are tied, a random player among the tied votes will be executed.
  • Voting to execute nobody is a valid vote. If this vote reaches majority or has the plurality of votes, nobody will be executed.
  • Night phases will last 24 hours, however they may be shortened or extended slightly to keep EoD constant.
  • Days will begin and end at 18:00 PM BST unless otherwise stated.
  • The Mafia will communicate via a discord server, which will be publicised at the end of the game unless a member of the Mafia objects.
  • The Mafia have an assigned factional kill, use of which is not compulsive.

Setup

• The setup, at this time, has not yet been designed.
  • When you sign up, please privately send the host the name of a fictional character (i will give you leeway on this requirement if itā€™s entertaining), and two other backup choices, in case you pick the same as somebody else. Please do not discuss these choices anywhere until the game begins.
  • Using those names, I will create the setup according to these parameters:
    • 1 - Allignments will be randed independently of name choices.
    • 2 - I will then construct a setup where all players have the randed allignment and abilities and rolename based on one of their character choices. I will attempt to use your first choice, but may use backup choices if the setup requires abilities incompatabile with your first choiceā€™s abilities.
    • 3 - All players in the game will be either Town or Mafia.
    • 4 - The game will not be bastard, however it may contain some elements on the boundary. If youā€™re expecting a vanilla-like game, I honestly do not know why youā€™re even considering joining a Upick.

Example Rolecard

Joycat

:joy_crab: :joy_crab: :joy_crab: :joy_crab:

You are Joycat, a meme that is currently using Marshal as a phylactery to bypass itsā€™ proper death- as such, you are a Town Example

• Impossible to Avoid (Passive) Ā» - Your rolecard will be publicly revealed at the beginning of the game.
  • Indicative of Site Quality (Passive) Ā» - You are immune to death due to not being in the game.
  • :joy_cat: (Night) Ā» - :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: :joy_cat: - Infinite uses.

You win with the Town.
Eliminate all Mafia.

Signups

1. Marluxion
  2. Nightingale
  3. an_gorta_pratai
  4. Mistyx
  5. Jane
  6. ZoneQ11
  7. WindwardAway
  8. EliThePsycho
  9. Chloe
  10. SirDerpsALot
  11. Marshal
  12. Katze
  13. min
  14. ArcticXI
  15. Apprentice
  16. TrustworthyLiberal
  17. Silviu200530

Backups

• ATNoName
  • YouButWorse
  • Whysper
  • GGhana
  • Intensify
  • Ami

Spectators

• Astand
  • Alice
  • Amelia
  • EVO
  • Conduit
  • Cheeki
  • Wazza
  • Appelsiini (Uninformed)
7 Likes

GM reminder - this game is a u-pick, which means it will be designed only AFTER people already join and send selections.

Due to this, this game still can be denied.
And Iā€™m the GM. :eyes:

/in

/backup

I believe in Luna to make a fun enough setup to not get yeeted

/in for now
might out if we end up moving during this timeframe

1 Like

A reminder to send your selections as soon as possible: I donā€™t want to chase people up for their picks closer to the hosting date.

Iā€™m gonna be rough, butā€¦ donā€™t in if you are not sure if you will have time in like 2 weeks from now.

Roles are designed depending on peopleā€™s choices.
If you in, host will design a role and you will leave due to not having time, you might force host to redesign whole game, which would beā€¦ bad.

this is valid

/out

Iā€™ve thought about it a bit and I could probably handle one normal-speed game during said timeframe since itā€™s not like Iā€™ll have only 30 minutes of internet per day or something
I want it to be this one over some other options I was considering because UPick go brrrrrrr

/in again

will put effort into considering character submissions soon:tm:

1 Like

/informed spec

/informed spectatorino

/in seems like fun

/In I agree. Sounds fun.

On second thought, Iā€™ll be needing a break from FM after my current game honestly. /Out

/informed spec

I do want to see how things go though and I havenā€™t done this yet.

/in

oh thank god i thought i was gonna miss it

2 Likes

/In

Can I make you pick one of my three characters instead?

Otherwise Iā€™ll probably just rand which one will be my ā€œfirst pickā€

2 Likes

jannnnnneeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

/in

Do I have to PM eevee as well?

1 Like