SFoL 64 - Anonymous FoL - Day 6 - The Possessor, Inquisitor, and Fool are victorious!

Welcome to SFoL64: Anonymous FoL!

Rules

Follow the https://forum.imperium42.com/t/global-forum-discord-game-meta-rules-please-read-first/244, and the https://forum.imperium42.com/t/official-forum-mafia-and-forum-of-lies-rules/78926. Please make sure you have enough time for this game before you sign up.

Gameplay

• Days are 48 hours long or until an execution ends it, Nights last 24 hours. The first day is an exception, it lasts only 24 hours and has no execution.
  • You will be provided a DM with your classcard by the host, send your actions there.
  • Unseen/Cult will talk through a special Discord server or forum message.
  • The priest will speak with the dead through a separate Discord server or forum message.
  • All classes will be used as they are found in this thread: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/fol-class-cards-now-officially-official/1998

Executions

• To accuse someone say “/vote [player]”. Please make the life of the hosts easier by bolding it (by putting ** ** around it)
  • Should the votes reach the majority, that player will be executed and the day will end.
  • When the day ends, the player with the most votes will be executed.
  • Voting “/no lynch” is an option.
  • You may self vote now.

Picking a New King

• If there are less than 4 players a new king will not be selected.
  • When the king dies a 12 hour period starts. In this, players may vote in their class PM for who they want to become the next king.
  • Whoever receives the most votes in this period will be crowned king. If votes are tied, a king election will be held the next day to determine it.

Action Results

You find all possible night feedback here: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/forum-of-lies-hosting-feedback-guide/75082

Action order

Night abilities will be processed in following order/priority:

1. Visit Prevention
  2. Occupation
  3. Targetted redirection
  4. Non targetted redirection (like Tavernkeeper)
  5. Killing
  6. Protection
  7. Miscellaneous Effects (like Bounty)
  8. Investigation 1 (Faction checks, type checks, etc)
  9. Conversion
  10. Investigation 2 (Every kind of investigation which checks for abilities used this night)

In case there are conflicts on the same level (example: two Drunks try to redirect the same player), all these conflicting effects are canceled.

(thx Geyde)

Journals

DM the host what you want on your journal. When you die, the last update to your journal will be revealed to everyone. It has a character limit of 1000 characters.

Classlist

King (65% Good, 35% Evil / Devout)
Mastermind / Cult Leader
Assassin / Random Cult
Prince
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon
Random Blue Dragon / Random Neutral Non-Killer
Random Neutral Non-Killer
Neutral Killer

You can find all classes here: https://forum.imperium42.com/t/fol-class-cards-now-officially-official/1998

Playerlist

1. Gilbert_Lovell - Executed D3 - The Chronomancer
  2. Peter_Carew Peter_Carew Peter_Carew - Executed D3 - The Noble
  3. Geoffrey_Bailey - Dead N4 - The Cabalist
  4. Mary_Savill - Executed D5 - The Alchemist
  5. Andy_Bernard - Dead N3 - The Court Wizard
  6. Alan_Atlee :crown: - Dead N2 - The Good King
  7. Sarah_Lacey - Dead N5 - The Psychopathic King
  8. Lucy_Wrenne - Dead N1 - The Court Wizard
  9. Jane_Drayton :crown: - Dead N3 - The Good King
  10. Susan_Ailemer - Dead N1 - The Observer
  11. Emma_Maison - Executed D4 - The Acolyte
  12. Nicolas_Adams - Dead N2 - The Observer
  13. Thomas_Scott Thomas_The_Second - The Fool
  14. Isabel_Savage - Died D3 - The Inquisitor
  15. Alice_Alard - The Possessor
  16. Ivo_Wake - Dead N4 - The Prince
  17. Edmond_Bailey :crown: - Dead N5 - The Good King
  18. Helen_Harte - Dead N2 - The Cabalist

To spectate or backup, please DM me and @Arete on the forums, or DM me on discord (kat#0420).

Thread Summary

EoD1: Nobody died, obviously!
EoN1: Lucy_Wrenne and Susan_Ailemer dead!
EoD2: Nobody died!
EoN2: Alan_Atlee :crown:, Nicolas_Adams, and Helen_Harte dead!
D3: All hail King Jane_Drayton :crown:!
D3 Bounty: Gilbert_Lovell dead!
EoD3: Peter_Carew and Isabel_Savage dead!
EoN3: Jane_Drayton :crown: and Andy Bernard dead!
D4: All hail King Edmond_Bailey :crown:!
EoD4: Emma_Maison dead!
EoN4: Geoffrey_Bailey and Ivo_Wake dead!
EoD5: Mary_Savill dead!
EoN5: The Possessor, Inquisitor, and Fool are victorious!

Professional Tip from your favorite katze:

To make playing on an alt easier and reduce the chances of accidentally posting/typing on your main account, I highly recommend you do one of the following two things:

A: Play this game (and other alt-games) on a different browser (or in incognito/private mode)
B: Use a browser extension such as Firefox Multi-Account Containers. There is probably an equivalent of this extension on Chrome as well, but I can only personally advocate for the Firefox one.

Regardless of which above option you choose (if any), I believe it is nearly essential to have a different site theme on your alternative account. If you use Dark mode, I’d recommend using Light, or Amber if you’re careful. I do not take responsibility for any blindness afflicted doing this.

This is doubly important if you are stupid like me and somehow post on the wrong account despite having a different theme and container.

Do not post yet until the day starts.

Other useful alt tips from the signup thread:

Bonus tip from your local nerd:

If you mute the game thread on your main account, and mute other threads on your alt account, you’re less likely to post on the wrong one

Bonus tip from an alt mod (that has dealt with a lot of alts) but not this games alt mod:

Change the theme on the alt to make sure u know ur on ur alt

The head organizer of the Adiart Medieval Reenactors smiled as she looked around the people gathered in the castle. That summer’s gathering of reenactors was already off to a good start. There were eighteen people registered, not including her – twice as many as the previous year. Not only that, but they’d managed to rent an actual castle; it wasn’t actually medieval, but nevertheless it was a great improvement over the tents they’d pitched the previous year. It was remote enough that none of their cell phones were working properly, but that was okay with her; cell phones disrupted the experience.

She strolled around the castle’s courtroom, talking with the other people there.

“I’m so excited to run a class on historical embroidery techniques!” said one of them, taking out a tapestry he had made.

Another one smiled, bouncing slightly. Her chain mail jingled slightly. “I’ll look forward to it! Are you going to come watch the jousting tournament?”

That year’s King adjusted the crown on their head. “You’re on!”

The first major event of the gathering was a feast. The cook excitedly explained how the food they were eating was similar to people’s diet in the medieval period, and talked about the cooking techniques they had used. It was the sort of meal that would have been eaten by nobility, of course; the recreation group tended strongly towards recreating what they saw as the more enjoyable parts of the period.

As she sat down to eat, the head organizer noticed a pair of people in their twenties, sitting apart from everyone else and frowning. She walked over to where they were. “How are you doing?” she asked.

One of them turned to look at her. “I’m going to be honest, I was expecting more authenticity,” they said. “This is supposed to be a medieval recreation group, but do you recreate the bubonic plague? Do you recreate serfdom? No, you just dress up in clothing that isn’t even accurate and pretend the medieval era was all fun and games!”

“I mean, this group is for fun,” said the head organizer. “Indoor plumbing might not be historically accurate, but it’s kind of nice.”

“Then you shouldn’t call yourself a medieval recreation group,” said the other one. “You should call yourself an arts and crafts group, or something. What if someone thinks that this is really how ordinary people in the medieval period lived?”

The organizer smiled politely and moved to sit at the other end of the table. As she sat down, she heard another person loudly complaining.

“What’s even the point of historical recreation?” he said. “You all need to stop living in the past, and start living in the present! Embrace the future! Stop it with your silly hobbies that don’t matter, and do something real!”

“Sir, this is a medieval recreation group,” said the head organizer, glancing back to where she had encountered the pair of people concerned about accuracy. “If you don’t find historical recreation interesting, that’s fine, but in that case no one is forcing you to come to our gatherings.”

The individual crossed his arms. “No! Other people shouldn’t waste their time on worthless things like this either!”

The gathering began to wrap up, albeit with some grumbling about this stranger. Still, no one thought anything of it until the next day.

#

The next day, as the group gathered in the morning to discuss the day’s schedule, they noticed that the head organizer was missing. At first, they assumed she was just running late, but as the minutes passed, they began to grow concerned. At last, they decided to investigate her room in the castle.

When they forced the door to her room open, they found her body. It had been impaled with two different weapons: a small dagger with an ornate handle, and a much longer sword. The group’s King knelt down beside her body. As the King, he was effectively the group’s assistant organizer. “There’s a note!” he said. “No, two notes.”

He picked up the notes from the floor and began to read them. The first note, penned in carefully historically-accurate lettering, read:

Those who would profane history must be prevented.

The second one appeared to have been typed on a modern computer, and read:

Your hobby is bad and you should feel bad about it

lol

“What does this mean?” asked a group member. “And what are we supposed to do about it?”

“We could call the cops?” suggested one of them. He retrieved a cellphone from a pocket sewn into the inside of his surcoat. “No, that won’t work, I don’t have any reception here…”

“Someone could drive back to town and call someone there!” suggested another. The group walked out to the parking lot where they had parked their cars. But when they got there, they discovered that the tires of the cars had all been slashed, and a note had been attached to them.

Do you really think that cars existed in the Middle Ages?

The King bit his lip. “I didn’t want to mention it earlier, but our organizational bylaws actually talk about what to do in this situation.”

“Why didn’t you want to bring it up earlier?” said one of the people in the group. “That sounds really important.”

“Well, see, that section was kind of written as a joke,” said the King. “Since, you know, none of us were expecting this to happen. So the idea isn’t very good.”

The King adjusted his crown and took a deep breath. “Every day, starting tomorrow, we must all vote for someone to exile from the group,” he said. “The person we decide on will be kicked out of our encampment and forced to walk back to town on their own.”

“But town is so far away, they’ll probably die!” said someone else. “They might even be totally innocent. I don’t see how kicking people out of the group is going to help anything, and we shouldn’t do things with bad consequences no matter what the rules say.”

“That’s anachronistic!” said someone else. “Consequentialism as an ethical system wasn’t invented until Machiavelli, before that all we had was deontology and virtue ethics and mixes of the two–”

“That sounds like something the people who killed the head organizer would say!” said another person. “In any case, can you stop arguing about ethics?”

The King swallowed. “I don’t like it either,” he said. “But I don’t see a better option.”

Day 1 has begun and will end in 24 hours, at 2020-09-16T17:00:00Z! All hail King Alan Atlee!

@Gilbert_Lovell
@Peter_Carew
@Geoffrey_Bailey
@Mary_Savill
@Andy_Bernard
@Alan_Atlee
@Sarah_Lacey
@Lucy_Wrenne
@Jane_Drayton
@Susan_Ailemer
@Emma_Maison
@Nicolas_Adams
@Thomas_Scott
@Isabel_Savage
@Alice_Alard
@Ivo_Wake
@Edmond_Bailey
@Helen_Harte

Biggy Post, Post Received Classcard, Pre Day 1 prewritten wall

A lot of stuff on how to be good town

https://forum.imperium42.com/t/the-initiative-to-provide-examples-of-good-townplay-on-this-site/82967?u=lucy_wrenne
I find this to be a way better use than the other thread, pinpointing exact good play. If u need help in a certain situation you can probably find a good example here. Theres good lylo play, towncore setting up, how to handle a PR, and more.

Use that and I guess the other thread if u actually read it. I tried looking for a old thread that Ici, Alice, maybe Marl, Solic, and Geyde. On other great feedback and trying to improve, but couldnt find it. I think those point, now prob a year old are still good, and helped me as a player.

Other thing is like just be towny, focus on solving ya know. Lastly my biggest secret to doing so well…

Dont tell anyone

Now, this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I’d like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I’ll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin’ out maxin’ relaxin’ all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said ‘You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air’

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my Walkman on and said, ‘I might as well kick it’.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear they’re prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don’t think so
I’ll see when I get there
I hope they’re prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain’t trying to get arrested yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought ‘Nah, forget it’ - ‘Yo, homes to Bel Air’

I pulled up to the house about seven or eigth
And I yelled to the cabbie ‘Yo homes smell ya later’
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

TLDR: Just be town as town, and u wont be in poe loosers. Reminder we arent allowed to speculate on alts, this game is solely no meta, so you really have to clear yourself by just doing ur best and not relying on easy solves per slots like posting = good.

Hi Andy!

let’s get this down and get it down now, alright? all of us signed up for this game and i expect all of us to play it. i’m going to be upset if villagers keep getting put in the PoE because they can’t even be active enough to post. all of us have lives outside of FM i’m not stupid and i know that but you signed up for this, please make it a priority. i don’t care if you think D1 is important or not, get in here, make good content, then you can leave if you still want to. all this to say, i expect more out of this town than i’ve been seeing in the past and i know we have it in us to do so.

2 Likes

lol

I love this flavor

our hobby is FM we can’t say anything here

1 Like

Hello people.
So who’s ready to win?

Aren’t you an office chracter

now openers can sometimes tell u about someone, this one feels like its fitting in

my first townread goes to lucy the woman in their pfp is thick

2 Likes

Aight then, looks like there aren’t many people so let’s begin with some simple questions.
How does everyone plan to win this game?

Like im not expecting a opener wall from everyone, but like this is so bland. Its a way to jump in thread and be like im here trying to fit in

pepega

Lucy has good taste in TV shows.

Seems villagery

im the cult leader lol

ima converting edmond tonight

1 Like

pepega lmao

Ill turn it on you Andy, how do you plan to win?