Something I want to know about other's opinion on NKs

Do you agree with this statement : “Neutral Killers are just there to speed up the game. They aren’t designed to win.” ?

1 Like

No

12 Likes

If that was the case we would put a regular SK in the game.

3 Likes

NK should win 15-20% of the time

1 Like

No. NKs should be a threat. Right now they’re still just an annoyance, though the recent patch did help. They should be treated as a minority faction. After all, they are one player going up against 2 factions and probably some neuts.

Agreed. Sorcerer’s old win rate(which was somewhere between those) is what the NK win rate should be.

2 Likes

I find Reaper to be a threat

2 Likes

if you let them survive until the late game, they should be able to win completely

is what NKs should be

2 Likes

Possessor isn’t though. It has a hard time killing the MM and king, and passwords out him late game. Sorcerer is in a weird area. It’s KPN is great(too strong even), but it is lacking in everything else. IMO sorcerer should be given back circle of death as a magic missile replacement and gather darkness should become a night ability. Gather darkness could be buffed and/or reaper could receive another ability as a day ability(Ghostwrite?).

And they should have some additional tools to help them survive

1 Like

sorc needs missile for consistent KPN

1 Like

NK’s should have an “OH CRAP!!!” Moment when facing a good one

4 Likes

Possessor has the potential for one with Possess making moments where the one person you trusted was the Possessor all along. However it falls flat in practice

2 Likes

Sorcerer of course has Detonate

No I highly disagree. I find Neutral Killers to be the most entertaining out of any classes. And it’s so satisfying when you win as them.

2 Likes

Agreed. Reaper is generally pretty terrifying.

Possessor CAN be terrifying in the hands of a great player. Being a Possessor requires a LOT of planning and strategy, and most Possessors just kill people and jump randomly without using their journals to their advantage.

2 Likes

Honestly Sorcerer is even more terrifying.

1 Like

Anyone who thinks NK’s aren’t there to help evil’s win without making evil OP are deluding themselves. I’d say 85% of games where NK is killed early the evil faction loses. 95% if the evil faction is unseen who rely upon a blitz type of game to win

Where did you get that number, I think you mixed it up when trying to times the BD IQ.

3 Likes

Even if you were right why are you assuming that the NK can only serve one purpose?

1 Like

Yes they have a lot of utility abilities for BD I forgot :thinking:

1 Like