The initiative to provide examples of good townplay on this site

Did someone play really well as town? Did someone noticeably improve their townplay? Did someone apply a lesson from the townplay thread to positive effect? Discuss it here!

It’s easy to get discouraged by the incessant scum wins on this site, but – even when town as a collective does very poorly – individual townies can still make good plays that people can learn from. And looking at examples of things people did well is … probably more productive than ‘what the frick how could you be so bad at this game.’

3 Likes

I thought @LoveGame and @Hippolytus’s as (@Enigma) way of forming a towncore early (D1) was pretty solid ngl in New D3

6 Likes

Marson
Mainly how town was able to recover from a huge d1 TVT by dogpiling a wolf

5 Likes

I also thought like @Geyde 's PR play in cfm2 was pretty great they got towncored not for being a pr, but like just being generally just solving constantly. They might not have had like led every lynch, but thats what kept them alive. Towncore but not the face of towncore if that makes sense. Also they hate to think about that game, even though they played their role great, so ha

4 Likes

FoL 28 in correctly keeping the wolves in a box that they had a very hard time getting out of

Community FM d2 had a very high chance of winning the game for town because they turned the gun on several wolves while clearing quite a few. It ultimately faced difficulties with lolevents, but had shots gone their way the game could have gone in their favor

4 Likes

>Clearing quite a few refers to clearing villagers, ftr

NDFM for insane town performances across the board
Despite town not having too many traditional leaders, they managed to box wolves in with an excellent d2

2 Likes

Town in SFoL 61 had a game winning PoE in general and was one of the first examples of us limiting our posts and it being effective

Too bad that got re randed D:

2 Likes

TBE + Centuries in DGADT

As a Mason pair who also controlled the strongest town PR in the game, they worked together extremely well. They were obvious enough town to avoid having to claim under pressure but nevertheless dodged the nightkill, and furthermore their reads were highly accurate, particularly in the lategame (when TBE was able to correctly identify a pair of deepwolves as such).

3 Likes

“Most games Alice is town in”

5 Likes

“Geyde getting himself townread as town every single time somehow”

ModeShifter in ToSFM2
They were on the money pretty much all the time

1 Like

Luxy Geyde hydra in Mafia Academy
Literally the biggest obstacle for scum to overcome

1 Like

neutral fruit vendor was the hardest thing for town to overcome

1 Like

Simon in BotF 1

As town in 3p LyLo, he successfully reevaluated the mechanically confirmed person (who was scum) and concluded that they were a wolf, while simultaneously making himself obvious enough town that the last villager sided with him over the mechanically confirmed player

2 Likes

I’ll also put a special notice for “people who are good at getting townread as town”, excluding obvious meta reasons

3 Likes

@katze in that mountainous 15 game (i think) F3. Took their time weighed every option and also rted a few times to come with their conclusion

5 Likes

just don’t replicate the lolcatting

in the same vein, sulit in Hell in a Cell

also reevaluated in LyLo despite not wanting to for reasons

reevaluate in LyLo

be like sulit

5 Likes

Vulgard in Ritual Mafia 4

After subbing into a slot deep in the PoE that was likely to be misexecuted, and coming under fire for some of his early posts, he didn’t give up or self-vote + ATE, but instead continued solving, resulting in him managing to clear himself from a difficult position

1 Like

I want to commend Hippo
I can’t believe he led Town that well as Enigma in NewD3

1 Like

His thread presence was off the charts