[VFM] A Hat in Time Cop13er - Town Wins!

Regardless of Silviu’s alignment I’m still pretty certain there is a wolf in Chloeroy

Votecount

Voted Voters Count
Centuries Psyx, Silviu 2/7
Silviu Centuries, Alice 2/7
Chloe Wazza, Appelsiini 2/7
Pigeon Chloe 1/7
Alice Pigeon 1/7
Vulgard Marl 1/7
LiL Vulgard 1/7
Not voting Ruri, LiL, Cream 3

Ping Arctic and Eli if there are any errors.

(there are probably errors)

Am voting Chloe, not Pigeon

(@Arctic)

votecount was amended

1 Like

@Centuries You want content? Here you go:

Weird because I’d very much trust Cream’s read on Lili than someone who only played 1 game with her but ok.

I don’t know why town would ever feel the need to be conscious about the “atmosphere” of a game thread since they just need to do their own investigation; wolves, on the other hand, need to keep the state of the gamethread in mind for their plans.

Okay, fair enough. But my main issue was that I thought he was saying “don’t rolefish, guys” and then later on doing the exact same thing. What’s the difference between immediately claiming your N0, and doing it later, then? Why is the former anti-solving and the latter not?

First two points are very bad:

1. Vulg’s tone is contrived/fake, but that’s not following the code of textbook wolfy actions (idk who wrote this wolf textbook but isn’t the main difference between town and wolves is that the former is genuine and the latter is fake??), hence it’s not alignment-indicative
  2. Vulg is not wolf because if he is, he wouldn’t post like that because he’s not feeling relaxed in an empty thread (why on earth would feeling relaxed or not in an empty thread be alignment-indicative??? Which posts are these referring to? All I remember is Vulg just posting a sleeping emoji?)
  3. Vulg is not wolf because he doesn’t reveal his hand like that so early (this is okay, but WIFOM)

It feels like he’s just making explanations out of thin air to defend Vulg against Chloe.

So this is the part where he makes his test for Pidgeon, and it’s weird how he started it with “I’m seeing this thing, and anyone else who sees it is likely a wolf” and says “that thing is super easy to solve but if you talk about it it’s gonna derail the thread and it might not even mean anything in the first place” which is a pretty weird thing to say if he was planning on making a case for it. If he townleaned Vulg for not revealing his hand easily, then wouldn’t it also be possible that Vulg either (a) didn’t caught unto what he was doing or (b) wouldn’t distance from/defend a wolfbuddy so blatantly? But Centuries immediately discards his townlean and votes for Vulg instead.

Disregarding posts (“as good as not having posted”) seems to be the first step into cherry-picking the posts you want to focus on (what wolves tend to do) instead of looking at the big picture (what town should do).

So what’s your actual stance on him, then? All I’m seeing from you is “x might be this buuuuut x might also be that”, and when other people have the same opinions as you you all go “oh nono you’re wrong, they’re actually this” (but still with some caveats like bruh make up your mind).

In my book it does. When someone does something I don’t understand, I feel like they have some hidden agenda, and wolves are more likely to have hidden agenda than town.

Why can’t you be w/w with Pigeon? Looking back your plan for him seemed pretty much geared towards setting up traps for people who “ruin it” or comment on your posts, what with the way you jumped on Vulg. And when Alice started pushing for a Pigeon lynch you defended him, but not so much to actually rock the boat. If Pigeon actually flips scum you’ll definitely be milking the fact that you made such a plan (but too bad someone just had to ruin it boohoo) for what it’s worth, would you? You being so wishy-washy makes me think you’re just placing yourself into the most advantageous position and start pushing or defending people as you see fit, and who does that? Wolves.

Didn’t you say you had a “100% read accuracy on Lili”? What’s with the “maybe probably”? lol

Weren’t you townreading Cream earlier? What happened for you to bump her down to NV?

You’re being hedgey in a way where no matter what your townreads/scumreads flip, you’ll be able to explain yourself by saying “oh I didn’t really think they were town/scum because look, I said this earlier” and if that isn’t AI I dunno what is. How is being hedgey solvy in any way?

The amount of times you said wolf says otherwise.

Didn’t you say you were finding town members from thought process? Because that’s what I’m doing, I’m explaining mine. Too bad they’re thoughts revealing how scummy are, so why not just OMGUS vote me and call it a day, eh?

It obviously means I didn’t have the opportunity to look at them yet, because I don’t have a gigabrain that can keep track of every single player. It’s not like you have reads on everyone either bruh.

Oh wow my single preliminary reads are delaying the game *clapclap*. It’s not like they’re complete cases yet, they’re literally just thoughts. But you don’t need to worry about that because I’m going to be looking at them after this.

That’s actually what I mean. “I don’t like” is just another term that I use alongside “this is wolfy behavior”, “I don’t see thing coming from town”, etc.

Why doesn’t it make any sense, then? Explain why I’m wrong?

Her investigation reads off as wanting everyone to share their thoughts so she can make her judgement on it without any bias, and I don’t feel any hidden agenda coming from her. Unless you’re telling me that I’m wrong?

At least I’ve got better punctuation than you :V

TL;DR Centuries is strong-arming people to do what he wants, he flipflops on his reads on people without explanation and when he does deign give us his thoughts they are chock full of “I gueeeeess?? But also maybeeee”, and a good number of his posts are just spamfests that don’t actually contribute to the thread (and he has the gall to call my reads useless like ahahahhaha nice joke, you should be a comedian) This slot reeks of ulterior motives and that’s scummy with a capital S.

Anyway I see that I’m 700 posts behind again. Brb just gonna cry in the toilet

600 posts.

I’m starting to think LiLi might be a villager, by the way. The defensiveness I called her out for in the early-game doesn’t seem to be there anymore, and I like the fact she’s extensively evaluating everyone. I checked the wolfchat of her Champs qualifier and her posts in that qualifier, noticing that she seemed significantly more worried about how the game was going.

Informing everyone that it happened, because I’m pretty sure I’m the only person who saw it. It’s not shade, it’s wolfy for Silviu - because from what I’ve heard, he doesn’t play the game and/or replaces out as mafia.

I think the villageriest post from LiLi I’ve read until now was that post where she mentioned starting to reconsider her wolfread on Zone. She started reconsidering it because of the sheer number of people that said LiLi/Zone contained a wolf. I believe that’s towny, simply because the POV here would have to be something like “wolves are encouraging yeets between the two of us, maybe I’m wrong” and I think that’s somewhat difficult to fabricate when you have TMI you’re a wolf. It makes more sense if LiLi/Zone are W/W slots, but… hm.

I really like this comment.

Townreading enough to put her on my list of villagers.

This feels wolfy. Assuming something he could push LiLi over and then retracting it when he realizes it’s factually incorrect.

Unless this comment is supposed to indicate it’s more of a policy thing.

i wasn’t even trying to push lili
like i said literally posts later it’s just something that irritates me

I really like the fact LiLi didn’t use Zone leaving the game as a justification to not do anything; instead, she simply moved on to evaluating other slots and it felt very natural. She merely acknowledged Zone leaving and her sadness over it, but didn’t make it an excuse to not do anything. She didn’t keep talking about Zone’s slot like a hyperfixated wolf who doesn’t consider themselves capable of fabricating reads on slots they don’t have meta on.

I actually agree with this as well, I think that was somewhat towny from him.

@Vulgard hurry up and get to the bits where silviu stops talking all of us know i’m town lili is town cream is town and psyx is town

i want to know your thoughts in particular about the PoE

as a wolf it’s super fucking easy just to write paragraphs about how amazingly towny someone is but if you’re town i’m gonna find that from you sorting the PoE not reading paragraphs of why lili is a titanium villager

starts talking*

I’m not sure how to feel about Wazza’s push on Chloe. On the one hand, I don’t get the impression it’s pure agenda. On the other hand, it’s a push on someone I townread from a slot that’s in PoE, and it could be refuge in audacity to break out of the PoE.
I’m not very confident in reading Wazza after what happened in Ciconia, where I incorrectly tunneled her the entire time I was alive, and also in DVC. When I view the Chloe push in a vacuum, I think it’s actually quite villagery from her, because it reads more like believing in the read and less like trying to gain something from the push. When I don’t view it in a vacuum, I see a brazen push that might be refuge in audacity, as noted before.

Thing is, that’s how he plays as a villager, too. He’s just… there. I’ve seen him 500-post and somehow say nothing the entire time.

Him posting at all might be a good sign by itself.

/vote Ruri

This is a fair point, actually. I have a similar thought around that time in the thread. Feels like I’m getting influenced by the recency bias I’ve complained about before, but I don’t get that recency bias regarding any other slot in the game.

I’m reading the thread and my PoE isn’t really changing. I don’t really care who we vote between Ruri/Silviu/pigeon/Wazza. Preferably not LiLi, I think she’s become significantly townier over time.

The problem with Silviu is that he says a lot of words that don’t mean anything all the time as villa, and I’ve never seen his wolfgame. What I’ve heard of his wolfgame is that he kinda just doesn’t do anything and replaces out, but that was literally one game. I’m pretty sure he could do the same thing he’s doing here as a wolf. Sheer postcount could indicate V, maybe, but I’m unwilling to put too much stock in that.

I probably shouldn’t townread this, but I do.