[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Game Over. Humans Win!

away

2 Likes

I dont have a legacy post but gl

Gonna get rbed/killed so w/e

This topic was automatically closed after 60 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

Vote Count

Vote Target Voted By Votes
Marluxion clonedcheese, Zone_Q11, Vulgard, min, City 5/6
Zone_Q11 Marluxion 1/6
min Squirrel, January 2/6
Not Voting Clownzu, WindwardAway 2

Ping me with errors

1 Like

you all know the drill by now, 5 minutes to ping me with corrections

1 Like

Marluxion was executed. He was:

Kymil, an Elf.

Night 3 begins and will end in 24 hours, at 2021-07-25T21:00:00Z. Actions are due 1 hour before the end of the night.

Flavor will be posted at some point.

4 Likes

EoD3 Flavor

An excerpt from the official history textbook of the Human Empire, Year Six.

Part 3: The Talion Trials – Continued

Despite the failure of the Martial Law policy, Talion continued to implement more restrictive measures in response to the Gold Rush Mission. For example, acting under orders from Alva’s Inferior Council, they placed all residents under house arrest for the duration of every night, and required all residents to publicly submit to a full-body search daily. Additionally, they dispatched a trained mind-reader to Talion.

The latter proved controversial even among Talion’s own residents. Fortunately, the foresight of the members of the Gold Rush Mission had led them to plan for such a possibility, and all of them had been equipped with imperceptibly small Brands of Mental Opacity, allowing them to resist such invasions of privacy. However, many of the elves living in Talion had no way to resist such measures.

The disputes came to a head when Kymil, an elven jeweler residing in Talion, announced that he would not submit to mindreading. His speech, given to the entire town, is the origin of the famous quote “My mind I guard more precious than my life.” The other residents of Talion, however, assumed that he was a human, and sought to punish him with death. As he fled Talion’s angry mob, Kymil ran to the top of the city’s watchtower and destroyed the Mystical Beacon at the top of the tower, which was used to allow visitors to Talion to locate the city. In doing so, he ensured that the mind-reader would not easily be able to complete their journey to Talion.

Comprehension Questions

1. What additional restrictions were put in place in Talion after the initial failure of the Talion Trials? Name at least two.
  2. How did Talion’s residents react to the imposition of these restrictions?
  3. Name one indirect consequence of these restrictions.

Discussion Questions

1. Some people have compared Talion’s mindreading procedure to the use of mindreading in Human courts. Why is this comparison faulty?
  2. The foresight of the members of the Gold Rush Mission allowed them to avoid any threat from mind-readers. What are some other ways that foresight might have helped them?
  3. What do you think about Kymil’s decision to destroy the Mystical Beacon of Talion?
2 Likes

Actions are locked.

1 Like

EoD3 flavor is up.

1 Like

End of Night 3 Flavor

An excerpt from the most popular history textbook of the Province of Alva, typically used for children between the ages of forty and fifty.

Chapter 4: The Gold Rush

Profile: Isylinor

Isylinor Cometchild (2453-2709) was born in Etolia in the Province of Alva. Although she was initially trained as an apprentice printer, she decided in 2579 to move to Talion and retrain as a sculptor. She was responsible for several innovations in magical item creation, most notably the discovery that sapphire inlays could be used as part of metal enchantments in order to increase the durability without compromising the strength of the magical effect.

During the Gold Rush Invasion, Isylinor played a prominent role in coordinating communications with other areas in the Province of Alva. She was able to use enchanted mirrors in order to supplement the other telepathic communication spells in-use. This allowed for more complex messages to be relayed. She was posthumously awarded the Medal of Resourcefulness, one of Alva’s highest honors, for her actions during the crisis.

Unfortunately, her levelheadedness made her a target for the invading humans, causing her to become the fourth elf to be murdered in the night. Every year, on the anniversary of her death, many people visit statue gardens to honor her.

Life Lessons!

Isylinor displayed many important character traits, both before and during the Gold Rush Infiltration. With your class, discuss the following questions:
1. What positive traits did Isylinor display?
2. How did Isylinor use these traits to help her community?
3. How can you display those same traits in your own life? How can you use them to help your community?

Clownzu has died in the night! She was:

Isylinor, an Elf.

Day 4 begins and will end in 48 hours, at 2021-07-27T21:00:00Z, or earlier if a majority is reached for execution. With 8 players alive, majority is 5.

@clonedcheese
@January
@Vulgard
@Zone_Q11
@min
@City
@Squirrel2412
@WindwardAway

Starting off

/vote noelim

Always the course of action in mylo

Secondly

This implicates at least one of [min, city] for piling onto a v wagon

I also think windward is just a lot more scummy here as well for not voting

Its mylo?

Im dumb lmao

Here’a a lolcat if ive ever seen one :eyes:

I self presd tho

So. It appears that I have made a mistake. A grave mistake at that.

I still won’t accept my death, though it would be very understandable if I were to be today’s exe, given what happened yesterDay.

I still don’t want to believe City is town, but given Marl’s flip, I’ll give into his will and townread him.