[VFM] Town vs Bandits - Day 5 (4/13) - Bandits Win!

i said what he was posting was undoubtedly “good and mildly villagery” but nothing that makes me go “wow this is a villager”
i think ur points had some merit to them but not enough to make me think proph is a wolf
i am taking you seriously, if you don’t feel that way then i apologize bc that’s not my intention

good way of putting it
he is multitabling so that may have something to do with it

vulgard prefers playing as mafia right?

how do I convince you he’s a wolf

I am honestly tempted to mute this thread, come back when EOD happens and then CFD the yeet onto proph

actually you know what
scratch that
i don’t think i should really belooking into that for Reasons

you probably can’t unless you either full on case him with other stuff or wait til he posts more cus nothing you’ve pointed out makes me think he’s mafia lol

Proph I think is wolfy because overall he’s taken a much more reactive take towards thread, he isn’t actually trying to steer the ship, more just try to react to whatever the ship throws at him. To me at least from the type of player I think Proph is I think that is very wolfy, I think overall if a very experienced player is taking a more reactive approach to thread then it’s most likely they’re a wolf because it shows that they have TMI and aren’t actually solving.

Overall I think this is mostly exemplified by his start of day, generally I find that almost all of the wolves start posting during the start of the day because they want to get their hooks into thread and perhaps influence it in a way that fits wolf agenda. Because of this generally I look for the person with the weakest opener when I’m wolf hunting and Proph fits this, most of his early posts felt exactly like he was just trying to get his claws into thread in any way he could, rather than actually solve.

Secondly, the progression on a lot of his reads feel very weak, I don’t understand a lot of his progression and I don’t understand how he got his reads and why. It feels like he had some semi good reasons for townreading Vulgard that he suddenly dropped for no real reason. Overall it felt more like a sudden tunnel to look productive rather than actually solving.

there is that good enough

I won’t lie I kinda believe that GGhana believes in his take on Proph

There are still a couple red flags, like the comparison to his recent scumgame that Arctic pointed out,a and his response to my wall feeling pockety

But this feels over the top
I don’t know if he goes this ham as a wolf and takes this route
I also remember him being super scared of being in the thread during his last wolfgame when he was being scumread - this doesn’t feel like that
It feels like he doesn’t want to be here, but for the reason that he’s pissed off and annoyed at how he’s being treated, not because he can’t handle the pressure. I don’t see any anxiety

I might be a sucker for emotions but this feels almost exactly like a game we played recently (or… spectated? Hosted? Idk but I need to figure this out) - It mighta been Anni

The frustration at not being heard feels genuine

Weirdass hops that I feel are more likely to come from someone not concerned with proof-reading or how they’re percieved.

This kinda pinged me as it’s easy for wolves to call things ‘weird’ as an easy descriptor to contribute to discussion but not give any real takes, but since he’s the person who brought this up so it’s not like he’s trying to fit in

I can’t help but townread this stuff. I’m cursed to always fall for it:

Open for probably-dumb read

I know its really early to say this but he feels alone in the thread

I’m wishy washy on his alignment and can see him going either way but GTH im ngl i think he’s a villa

Weh

I’m back from the dead lol

Sorry that the game start date wasn’t so great for me, but I’m ready to concentrate on this game now. I tried catching up on the thread at some point this morning but my hungover ass didn’t absorb anything at all, so instead i came back now and picked up wherever I left off to read a chunk of posts. I haven’t read everything, but I did see a couple things I wanted to point out so far that I’ll summarize here.

Particularly from the interactions around ~posts 500-600, I’m thinking there’s one wolf in Vulgard/Prophylaxis. I read a chunk of posts where they were both wolfreading each other and it didn’t look partnered to me. I want to ISO both of them individually to see what further conclusion I reach on them both, but I am kind of leaning toward Vulgard being a bit more towny. This might be a dumb read, but I feel like Vulgard’s early play in this game kind of vaguely resembles what I did in Ciconia (except less dramatic and annoying than my openwolfing). As for Proph, I remember reading two of his wallposts this morning and thinking they reminded me of how he played in DitF, but I also thought that in Ciconia about a number of his posts and I was wrong so idk lol. He didn’t wallpost as much there, though. Anyway, I’m not gonna discount the possibility that both of them are town, cause if they are, I lowkey want them in the game for as long as possible lol. I know I haven’t been historically good at reading either of them so I want to be sure on their alignments this time.

I saw some posts from Chleb that I thought looked like t!Chloe thoughts, but I still want to read more from her before locking in a read because I don’t think I actually read that many of her posts, but I do kinda like her take on GGhana in her latest post (cause I read it in the middle of typing this lol). As for GGhana idk yet, I think what he said about Proph is just kinda fueling my read that Vul/Proph contains one wolf but there’s no point in preflipping GGhana off Vul/Proph.

I don’t know if I agree with Arctic’s takes but he’s doing a thing I’ve only seen him do as a villager so far, so I feel pretty good about his slot rn. I think his defense of himself looks more or less ok even though I don’t think Marl’s posts look as bad as Arctic seemed to be saying they did.

Marl yet, and the weird thing is that he didn’t seem to really be concerned that he wasn’t obvtowning himself. Part of me wants to call it towny for not caring, but jumping to the conclusion that he’d get voted out today was also weird. I think I also have an easier time reading him when we’re interacting live in the thread so I’m not too concerned yet. Off the top of my head I wouldn’t want to vote him out today anyway because I think I need more time to solve his slot, and I’m probably saying this because I was dead for half the day phase so kekw

wtf how did the beginning of that sentence get deleted lmao

*I don’t have a solid read on Marl yet

is what it was supposed to say

1 Like

checking the playerlist now to see who i haven’t noticed mentioned yet

the only post I remember reading from Leafia so far was just her telling me to have fun at the party lmao

i don’t think i’ve read any of will’s, SPF’s, Eli’s or Emilia’s posts, and i would think i’d have seen an Alice post by now but apparently not in the chunk of the thread i was looking at, so rip

forum is telling me to stop spam-replying to the thread, thanks forum

1 Like

anyway I’ll be around for a bit, probably play some pokemon unite and threadcamp while i’m still awake so just ping me if you wanna talk

I’ll have a lot more time tomorrow and should be here for EoD too

i don’t follow this
can you elaborate or point out what posts

otherwise i kind of like the rest of this actually

what is this thing i only do as a villager

Summary

your post is kinda boring tbh

1 Like

Here were my posts on Vulg from last night:

vulgard

I don’t see how you can read any of this and come to the conclusion that my stance on Vulgard is a “nothingburger”. My read on him at the time was that I thought he was likely a wolf because I didn’t believe that he believed what he was saying ITT, but there was just enough weirdness about him that made me think that his play was odd from either alignment.

Mmm, okay. Yeah I had a similar thought last night (that he wouldn’t have the testicular fortitude to go after me immediately as a wolf) but right now I’m kinda paranoid that he kinda… decided I was a wolf pregame and is fitting the narrative to match that as opposed to the other way around. I’ll get to this more when I respond to his case on me, but I seriously don’t understand why he is reading me as w from my one RVS post.

+1

You’re currently scumreading Marl, who thinks that Vulg is exactly a PR. Do you think potentially Marl/Vulg could be aligned?

Yes, this actually makes a whole lot of sense and I’ll probably take a closer look at Marl’s newer posts when I get the time

I can imagine him trying to appease/attempt to pocket me in Ciconia because he has some experience with me. I don’t know if spf/Marl have played a lot together but I can sorta see him pushing back with someone he doesn’t know as well. Though I’d like to hear if spf/Marl have played in games together since it would give some more context to this read of mine.

1 Like

this entire sequence is wolfy asf if proph and vulgard are both villagers btw
it’s setting up a dichotomy between the two and not actually taking a stance on which one is wolfier and should die first

if i told you, you’d probably start doing it as a wolf too lol

idk what you expected considering i was dead to the world until about now

i’m taking it with a grain of salt because i usually scumread your early wallposts, like joat13 comes to mind
but it’s still p boring

i guess so?
marl made a pockety post towards vulgard but i guess it doesn’t really mean anything since marl said he replied before even finishing reading the post

and your reasoning was

i don’t understand this conclusion you’re drawing from this post

not sure how you think i’m encouraging chloe or staying in the sidelines at all. that post was just me being confused

i don’t know, trying to figure that out atm

i had you as leaning villager last night but now i’m wondering if your scumread on me was pre-meditated - like you decided I was a wolf before the game started

i just feel like “posts are good but not villagery” is such a easy thing to parrot about what i’ve done so far

how the heck am i supposed to know if they’re villagers or not? i said i’m not going to discount the possibility they’re both town, and that i’d want them both alive as town.