[VFM] Town vs Bandits - Day 5 (4/13) - Bandits Win!

In contrast to Eli, I can get on board with Emilia being a villager due to her spat during SoD2.

As I’ve mentioned previously, I think that she has had some micro townie tells thus far despite not being much of a overall thread contributor (her not self-presing at EoD, her random, reasonless Vulg defense which I think she has little reason to do as a wolf, and her focusing more on her process at EoD1)

If I assume this is true, this means that the wagons were v/v at EoD1, which makes me want to do some cursory votal analysis to see where the wolves are.

Can agree with this

I know he was doing this D1 as well but he’s played this game in such a way where he is legit frustrated that people won’t listen to him and he is taking it out in the thread

Like for example he just wants literally anyone else to engage with him about what he has written about me (hence why he posted 2288 twice ITT and linked his other cases) and ~most people haven’t really besides arctic/spf, when she asked Ghana about the possibility that I was bussing Vulg

Clarify why?

And what are your concerns irt my slot?

@Prophylaxis

What is your current PoE atp?

So far it seems like the only thing you’ve been doing is villa-reading literally every slot in the game and I feel like your questions haven’t really led to anywhere, really.

I find this “neener neener, I was right!” attitude to come a little bit more often from newb town compared to newb scum because newb townies know that their reads are genuine, because they don’t know anyone else’s alignment. As opposed to newb scum, when they’re just constantly making everything up and hoping that people buy the shit they’re selling ITT. That’s why I think that his little throwaway line here is kinda villagery - it shows that that believe that what they’re putting down is real.

And I don’t think he’s using it to gain credibility really - he’s just bog-stuck on his Emilia tunnel. And I agree with you that I don’t really love that will is stuck on tunneling Emilia (especially when I think she is villager, gun-to-head), but I’m not sure if it makes him a wolf.

/vote Wisp

@Wazza

because i’m dum b and forgot to vote
/vote Emilia @Wazza

@Alice

Currently I’m on {Wisp, one of you or spf, and [deepwolf]} as my solve atm.

The question I’m trying to ask myself is that both of you and spf were pretty consistent about wanting Wind dead D1, so if Wisp flips W I need to figure out if either of you were bussing or not.

I don’t think Windward was getting close to being run over D1? The wagons felt like either Emilia or Vulg was gonna go down yesterday. I think Alice and you mentioned that you both wanted to wagon Windward like, three minutes prior to deadline, but despite getting heat earlier D1 her wagon really wasn’t a thing I feel EoD1.

A) Who’s the most likely person to be the deepwolf?

B) Why can’t me/SPF be wolves together?

Ohh okay, sorry, I missed the post where you actually stated a village read on Chloe (1611). I was weirded out because you were kind of having her at arm’s length for most of D1 and I was wondering why specifically, because you were pretty collaborative in the ROCKS game. I was definitely paying more attention to your earlier posts where you were more actively scumreading her.

Makes sense - it was really hard to get used to Discourse for forum mafia when I first started playing here, since it’s so much more different than traditional forums with pages and stuff, so I won’t really hound you about that.

What type of scumhunting do you normally do in this type of threadstate? I was perceiving you as an extremely collaborative, analytical player based on what I know about you, but you later said that it would be easier to treat it as chat mafia. What is your normal MO?

Is there a particular reason why you interacted with them on Saturday night, got what you wanted, and then moved on to focus on Windward/Emilia for EoD? Like I think will’s wagon was also somewhat large, but you said nothing about will at EoD other than “i think emilia is a better counterwagon to vulgard than will tbh”. You said that you wanted to resolve Windward out of the pool of WW/Emilia/will, but why did you focus on Emilia specifically at EoD1 over will?

Okay, this makes sense. I do recognize that you are trying to approach things from a more objective/unclouded viewpoint precisely because you don’t have meta on a bunch of folks, but for this reason that is why I was reading you as someone whose thread position was sort of by the wayside.

I specifically did not provide a conclusion because I wanted you to clear up some of my lingering questions in that wall, and I just don’t have any sort of range I can compare you to besides the ROCKS game. I know you’re a strong wolf and (I think?) an even stronger villager, which is why I’ve been mainly focusing on trying to sort you today, since I feel most of the playerlist specifically hasn’t and I’m wondering why.

You were someone I earmarked as not really being consensus D1, but… your play was somewhat different to my only game of reference, and I wanted to figure out why. “The thread pushing you out” makes sense.

In what way did you find it rigid? I had a fair amount of doubts concerning Vulg most of Day 1 and I think I did a decent job voicing them. I’m really annoyed at myself for not being able to Get There on him, but even though I tunneled Vulgard to an extent I don’t think my progression was rigid.

a) scared that it’s marl given that in wolf! wisp worlds, he protected her on D1 and buddied me hard/egged me on in pushing vulg

b) I think you floated WW as a wagon sometime in D1 and then you voted her and then spf and Chloe hopped on. I don’t think that happens in a WW/spf/alice world. Now, the two of you being wolves independent of WW would be very challenging indeed, but I don’t think wisp is villaging here

I had a dumb response to this but I realized it would be pretty stupid so I’m not gonna say it.

I don’t think we should have the PRs claim today because they’re our ace in the hole. The fact that at any time we can have two PRs be guaranteed ICs and narrow down options for the wolves is huge imo and I think we should preserve that for as long as possible.

@Marluxion - what is your read on me atm now that we know Vulgard’s flip? Do you still think I am as strongly town as before during Day 1? If you do, then who do you think is wolf and pushing me?

So you think everyone currently voting you is a villager then? If you’re town, no wolves are pushing you?

I would like to see this interaction please.

Dude, I didn’t start getting cold feet on Vulg until EoD1 when I actually read his new posts, and by then the wagons were Emilia/Vulg/will. I don’t like lunching new players so I tabled off will, and Emilia had some decent reactions to getting pressured. Then Emilia posted the post where she was more focused on her own process and then that’s why I stayed on Vulg.

I’m not really giving a whole lot of credence to Wisp’s notes post because I think that he wrote that before he knew his actual alignment.

I was unsure about WW because I had similar concerns to Leafia (no one was defending her and her wagon built up extremely fast on D1) but the fact that Wisp replaced in, is TRing everyone who is voting him, and pushing me is pretty concerning.

Vote Wisp @Wazza (L-2)

@EliThePsycho

ignore Emilia for a sec

wisp (previously ww) and I are the two hot button topics for today

do you have a read on either one of us?

1 Like

no

have you even read any of our posts closely

either me or ww’s

no

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

yeah, i had a similar thought. it might not be common for newb wolves to push one name super aggressively in forum mafia, but it’s very common in chat mafia, and i think that will choosing to focus primarily on 1 or 2 names is a direct consequence of his chat mafia background. i think he would likely have a similar approach as either alignment, but the main difference to me is that i haven’t felt that will has been genuinely trying to sort emilia - his read on her feels static in a way that makes me think he’s relying on it too heavily as an excuse to not hunt outside

1 Like

@Artic - any updated thoughts on wind based on the most recent posts they’ve made?