[VFM] Town vs Bandits - Day 5 (4/13) - Bandits Win!

rip

how about townreading gorta for confusion

after rereading my wallpost
there is more wolfy things than townie things
i retract my previous take
not entirely certain if i want to vote chloe over willtaylor, but

1 Like

i must go now

did you actually count the towny and wolfy points in your wallpost? lol

on the one hand if Eli actually counted the points in his wallpost then lol
but on the other hand, it’s Eli and I don’t honestly know what to do with that information

/vote Proph @Wazza

I think Vul is probably villaging

This section of his ISO where his thoughts are flowing from post to post reminds me a lot of the moment I originally found him as a villager in Ciconia

It’s like reading his posts opened my eyes to something I considered possible but didn’t have the confidence to say
Which lol if we’re going by Ciconia standards it means he’s wrong but I think his read on Alice here holds some merit - I had similar thoughts too but kinda brushed them aside because I didn’t want to be that shitter who voices suspicion on the towncore without valid reason - as I couldn’t really put my thoughts into words (speaking of which, I really do feel like Alice was trying to get Marl to run out of posts. Not only did she prod him unnecessarily but she was also one of the only other people in the thread during his hyperposting session and didn’t think to do anything about it? I could be thinking too much into this but meh)
But anyways
Vul did that here
Call it a mindmeld, whatever, the fact is he would have no reason to believe I was thinking this so I don’t think the read is tailored specifically to me
Fakeable read? Yes. Do I think it’s faked? No

Another thing I jotted down in my head, which could be NAI but I don’t think it is
Is the fact that Vul feels almost dead inside and up until this moment where he finally got into his groove he was posting out of obligation

He doesn’t do that a wolf
He loves wolfing
He’d be excited for a challenge, and I think that would creep into his posts somewhere, but it hasn’t
I honestly think he’d be bored as all hell if this was the approach he decided to take as a wolf
He could be a wolf who is feigning this but I think in this playerlist he’d be stoked to rand wolf and want to take control of the thread but he’s kinda just chillin’ in his own corner talking to himself

I have more confidence in this read than I probably should but it just feels right

1 Like

can i ask what the purpose of this entire interaction was lol

I wanted Eli’s explanation on why his wallpost on Chloe didn’t really match up with his conclusion
but it kind of looks like he just retracted his conclusion instead of explaining how he got there so idk how to interpret that

eli moment

this gets a +1 from me
good job

thanks green bean

chloe do u want my read on you
i left it long enough

yeah but it better be obvtown

2 Likes

It’s obvious something

(it’s not)

i saved this post for later because i wanted to wait for reasons explained further in the post

it basically boils down to chloe being town with some reservations. the way she’s expressed uncertainty on a lot of things reminds me of her normal village play and in a lot of the examples this game it would make more sense as a wolf to take a more headstrong approach to keep mislynch options open such as in gghana and vulgard. that’s the second point, i don’t really feel like there’s any agenda from her and i know she might find it hard to push stuff as a wolf in this list but she’s not at all an incompetent wolf from what i’ve heard. it looks like she’s been trying to solve the game from a place of good faith from how willing she is to evolve her reads. it’s not like how a wolf changes reads either, because normally wolves do it to fit with the consensus but chloe has usually been changing her reads against the consensus such as with gghana which points to her pushing what she believes in rather than what she thinks would appease the thread

i have two reservations though

the first being that chloe normally tries to interact with me much more than she has been this game. i’m not sure if it’s due to post cap and it’s probably also my fault but i’m kind of missing the way we bounce ideas off of each other. if she’s a wolf she’d probably find these interactions harder to replicate naturally and so avoiding them makes sense

the second one is what caused me to save my read on chloe for later. i got the impression that chloe and proph were overplaying the paranoia thing they have with each other to the point where it looked pretty forced and like a deliberate attempt to look unaligned, so i wanted to see if this continued because this made me feel like they had partner equity. it didn’t really continue though, so i feel better about this really

basically i think she’s probably a villager but she’s been a bit different to last game in terms of direct interactions with me specifically, but this may just be due to lolpostcap

1 Like

lol

this is actually a fair point and good on you for bringing it up

i don’t know if i can quite explain why i haven’t been interacting with you other than the fact that it feels like we’re in uh… different worlds? It’s like we’re not on the same wavelength this game in terms of our approach, I guess
I don’t really know how to explain it
I wanted to reach out to you earlier and bounce some ideas but you were in the groove and i didn’t want to ruin that for you

i also usually originally interact with you to try to figure out your alignment but i found you as town pretty much right off the bat so i went to focus on interacting w/ other people

2 Likes

i see

well
it’s just sad actually

hopefully we can play more tomorrow but there’s a decent chance i eat the n1

you know its coming heh

i wont lie i also kinda lost some of my hope for working together with people when alice told the entire thread to ignore me and she followed through on it despite my attempts to talk to her

i thought i upset her and i didnt know what i did wrong so i kinda uh
sulked for a while