Weekly Monday Discussion #4

LW, mafia, same shit smh

being executed in general as an evil neut who doesn’t need to be alive
is often good simply because it’s not scum being executed :^)

Even then

if one or two more people prioritize being better listeners over talkers

I think it has a positive effect

1 Like

I mean it’s ‘good play’ in the same sense that insulting other players to get them not to misexe you is ‘good play’

personally I don’t particularly want to promote either of those even if it were to be strategically optimal :upside_down_face:

One is against the rules. The other not.
On either case, lets stop talking about it, its obvious that we have almost the same opinion ily

At the end of the day I think people consistently overestimate the amount awards will do to change the behavior of the majority of the playerbase when in actuality it’s only the players who are already doing what you want that would be in a position to get them.

I don’t think anybody is going to seriously change their actions in-game in a massively positive way unless they’re specifically trying to get the award, and then if their reads were wrong or somebody else did better and they don’t get said award they’re going to feel like it was a lot of wasted effort, which means you’re likely to end up with the people you’d most want to change not really changing but introducing extra strife over people who thought they should have gotten it and the potential for people to play more to the “audience” than to the actual game.

I just don’t see it honestly addressing the issues it’s meant to.

9 Likes

now fr gn

1 Like

Also hot take

This is a great subject to bring up with the MU team/on MU in general I guess, they have a lot more Mafia-specific moderation experience than we do whilst having a ~similar environment on the whole

2 Likes

How about we
Stop giving out titles and let someone get the title of the award they won until another player granted it/a month or something

ngl i didnt even notice titles were an incentive

i don’t vibe with that

make it all about meaningless cookie points

the current way titles are handled, i don’t think giving them out as an award here makes sense

2 Likes

how about we delete all custom titles that were not paid for and/or earned in some other way

I paid for mine and the market is being devalued :^)

1 Like

Oh one thing I should clarify

I am all for mods doing “paper plate” awards

I think they’re a great way to highlight people who made specific achievements or whatnot and historically I’ve done them in nearly every game I hosted on the site (and also probably some I didn’t even host lol)

But I think codifying it and adding additional incentives is where it starts to lose focus on the stated goals

Will see if I think of anything but I can’t say I relate to the idea of not trying as town so I don’t really know what would discourage people from doing that :man_shrugging:

1 Like
  • Alice is going to fucking decimate your entire team and you’re about to die fliplessly
1 Like

wee woo wee woo

4 Likes

I agree on wiping all custom titles that weren’t legitimately obtained.

2 Likes

I don’t really care that much about the title so I don’t oppose this.

I’m fine either way but have always hated this limbo between “yes they’re customizable” and “they’re awards given out” we’re in

Also

Title games bad

I personally don’t think I’ve asked for a title because of how easy they are to obtain
I would like one if they actually meant anything
:upside_down_face:

i don’t care much on how titles are handled (in the sense that, if it changed, i wouldn’t be against it)

mine gets changed all the time, i find it semi funny

but given how thats the case i can’t really support having them be an award

2 Likes

when I joined titles were like

these cool rare things

and then they just
stopped being that

I was like, super hype when I got the “crazy in love” badge to use as a title

and that charm is kind of gone when like 40% of the active community has some cool custom title

1 Like