Weekly Monday Discussion #7 - Moderation

Welcome to the Weekly* Monday Discussion!

* Disclaimer: Not actually weekly

katze: Not only is it actually on a Monday this time, you’re stuck here with your favorite discussion host, katze!
Audience Member: You’re a mod?
katze: Somehow! Even better, that’s surprisingly close to what I’m here for! I’m actually here for a few reasons, so let me speak for us – The Moderation Team. We know we’re not flawless. Look at us, they sent me to host this! Surely this is a sign of our fallibleness as mods! (At least the other mods. I’m perfect.)
Audience Member: shut up katze
katze: Point taken. Anyway, we’d first like to discuss us. We know we’re flawed. We’d like to better ourselves for you, and we have ideas on how to improve already, but we’d like your feedback. Yes, even you, the reader!

In order let people give feedback anonymously, we created a form with some questions. At the end you may optionally leave your username if you’d like it to not be anonymous feedback. You may still answer them in this thread, if you’d like!

If you'd like to answer in thread, here are the questions!
  • Do you think we are too lenient/strict regarding punishment lengths?
  • Do you think the Forum Mafia rules are in need of changing? If so, what would you change?
  • What is your biggest issue with the moderation system currently?
  • Do you have anything else you’d like to say, that the prior questions did not quite reach?

Additionally, we’ve recently run into problems with the Team Player MVP Awards, one where categorizing Third Parties/Neutrals is… inconsistent and awkward, to say the least.

We’ve thought of a few ideas internally, but would like to instead ask the people how they think this should be handled in the future! Even if that suggestion is “lol just delete the team awards stupid mods”, we’d like to hear it!

Due to the nature of this discussion, please remember to keep it constructive and civil!

1 Like

lol just delete the team awards stupid mods

lol just delete the mods stupid team awards

16 Likes
  1. Yes and no.
  2. None really
  3. Seemingly strange bounds on what is ok and what is not ok. What’s the line? Mod intervention into games from a setup perspective has historically failed…pretty much every single time
  4. Honestly no issues
1 Like

Keep the team awards but Chloe gets both award every time, regardless of if she’s in the game or not

Pros:

• Funny in-joke that we have
  • Stops team player award system disputes
  • Chloe team player award

Cons:

• Possibly none. Maybe perfect idea?
2 Likes

Here’s what you replace team awards with

Annual FoL awards

2 Likes

why the hell does this have so many likes dont feed his ego

1 Like
  • Do you think we are too lenient/strict regarding punishment lengths?
  • Do you think the Forum Mafia rules are in need of changing? If so, what would you change?
  • What is your biggest issue with the moderation system currently?
  • Do you have anything else you’d like to say, that the prior questions did not quite reach?
  1. No
  2. No
  3. You all are doing too good of a job that you’re making me look bad. Stahp
  4. The forums are doing great and you’re all doin’ fantastic, keep it up
2 Likes

Pros:

1. Actually fun
  2. Celebrates the community
  3. Focuses on the best, rather than mandating that something be chosen

Cons:

1. Requires effort
1 Like

sorry that im funnier than you :triumph:

2 Likes

Too lenient

Add a “no ‘bets’ in game based on the game rule” (such as “if x is town I’ll post a picture of me eating coins”) it sucks for integrity

Nothing atm

No

4 Likes

Wouldnt annual awards just have the same problem as team awards but just on a bigger scale of the entire year instead of one game

No, annual awards would be fun because there’d actually be a reason for them

1 Like

MC did annual awards last year, they were fun
MU does em every year as well

Sorry if this is a stupid question fjntkf

No
Why would it

The problems of team player awards are mostly stemming that it’s an every game thing trying to solve a problem that it doesn’t even fix

1 Like

I don’t actually take issue with team player awards, but they’re kinda just a pat on the back

4 Likes

the annual awards idea would be sick though, especially considering we’re still early on in the year!

My contention with the team player awards is that, as a system, it’s pointless
Why have a system that doesn’t work

2 Likes

Well that’s true

Bleh I’m stupid

That aside I don’t think there’s any problem with moderation though you all are based