Wild West FM - Day 5 - Mafia Win!

It doesn’t directly, but it has spurred conversation indirectly at the very least.

And now, I am interacting with other slots. Isn’t that what I’m supposed to do?

You’re npot bothering to solve the slots of other people. Although if you’re a wolf like I suspect you are, keep doing what you’re doing and encourage your fellow wolves to do the same.

I’m liking Leafia here. They’re read of Light at the time of posting was fair, and since light has changed I haven’t seen them pushing that anymore. Its only been brought up again now because light questioned it.

well, that and try to solve the game.
but thank you for answering this helps

1 Like

Now that leafia’s answered,

fluffposting is scumAI for a couple reasons:

1. It’s very easy to do. Town can solve honestly rather easily but it can be quite difficult for scum to appear that they are honestly solving and contributing to the game. By not trying, they protect themselves from townies who can spot the difference.

2. It doesn’t help town. Everybody in town who’s trying to solve contributes to finding the wolves. Even when fakesolving, wolves have to find a balance between being reasonable and concealing their partners. As long as they aren’t being hardsheeped by many people, I think scum doing reasonable solving does help the gamestate.

3. It clogs the thread. When the thread has a ton of posts, it makes it harder for town to find the important scummy/towny posts that they need to make reads. Fluffposting makes actual reading by town more difficult.

4. It’s inconsistent with the town win-con. If literally nothing were to happen all game, wolves would win every time. As town, it’s our job to hunt the wolves, as well as hunting for villagers we can trust. When someone is fluffposting, it indicates that they are happy with not trying to find wolves or villagers, which is only consistent with the wolf win-con.

4 Likes

/vote moleland @Marshal @Italy

did i do the ping right

1 Like

This is a nice post, but, once again, I was doing it to enter thread, which is not quite the same.

i like what i’m seeing from ash and his recent post only reinforces that. they worded it incredibly well and it fits what i’ve been trying to say about fluffposting but wasn’t eloquent enough to pull off

1 Like

There’s also a special kind of fluffposting call lolcatting. When someone is likely to be executed, they can fluffpost to reduce/remove associations with partners (this is called antispew).

so fluffposting + antispew = lolcatting

ala soulshader and alice in triple threat correct?

1 Like

You’ve been in the thread for hours now and how many reads have you made? 0.

I think ash kinda sus
hard pushing over something as meaningless as fluff
when like i think its actual good looks on light tbh lol
also its a lot of fluff mech talk like do we need this

to advance?

An off-topic opener is fine.

I still need to read your iso but my understanding is that you have done nothing toward solving the game in >6 hours and >60 posts.

hmm

i’ve been trying to do things that would direct attention but am getting sort of ignored

interesting interesting

1 Like

was ash’s post in response to me thinking i wasn’t aware of the terminology or just in general?

I TMI’d Light as town in tos2 because he was doing the exact same thing

Your being kinda obvious so I’m just kinda ignoring it personally lmao

and then I played with him afterwards and got a correct read on him bc I tmi’d him in a previous game for doing same thingzz

ayaya