A Sad Reality For FM

So I was really against this before, but it may be time.

We probably need to start restricting the amount of FM games that can be hosted at once.

I want to see how others feel about this, and hash out a specific system for moderating things in the most open way possible. Please discuss.

9 Likes

What are the issues with having a lot of FM games going at once?

did you make this becuase i dared to host an fm

/s

The issue is that we start getting people in 5+ games and they lose the ability to actually contribute to all of their games. There’s an uptick in cheaper spamming as well.

10 Likes

I think there’s a different source of this problem people aren’t willing to address >.>

But more people do it when they’re each in a ton of games.

It devalues each individual game.

1 Like

WUTS THIS.

:thinking:

So is the issue the hosts for making a variety of games or players that participate in 5+ games when they can’t keep up?

If you’ve got 3 slots for FM, and 2 of them are “Bullshit Bastard Game #79 and #80”, I don’t want to be forced to wait for more interesting prospects to open up.

2 Likes

Orange is salty about Ongoing Game?

1 Like

Nah it’s just that a metric shit-ton of games may be too much

2 Likes

when you look at going to release murder day 2.
hides

P u r e l y the count of games reducing the quality of FM here eh

4 Likes

I guess I’m not entirely against this, it would just need to be executed well.

4 Likes

Ja

Exactly - a shitty system would just be worse.

I’m open to ideas. Maybe categorize FM games into VFM, FM, and BFM for vanilla games, other games, and crazy/bastard games, respectively? Then you could limit different types of games differently.

7 Likes

Some sort of controlled list would be needed for sure

The prerequisites for doing this is being put into place. The FM/Other games Hub thread being one of those. However the details are being ironed out. I am personally going to try and make something along those lines happen (A mod would be the one to actually implement it but you get my point.)

So…

would this be a good time to post murder day 2?

Yes

Really?