Darling in the Franxx SFM - Game Over | Mafia Win

usually id have a post game writeup but honestly im not reading this game lol

2 Likes

oh right it was starpendle i wolfed with i think

And Jackrito @Marluxion

Starpendle?
I think they were in JoJo Part 7 before they subbed out.
Am I right?

Oh no did people underestimate proph again

4 Likes

ftr as somebody who accidentally opened this thread once or twice a week and therefore read like 20 posts total I was 100% sure that Chloe was either scum or pocketed to hell and back

3 Likes

They learned not to cross crossbell the hard way

1 Like

i mean this is like

true of almost all of her games :’)

4 Likes

@Aelin I genuinely hope you don’t feel bad about this game. You played incredibly well and although I felt your CC of Wiisp was unnecessary it was an absolutely outstanding play given that we had effectively killed off all TPR and guaranteed the wolf win.

@Prophylaxis @Wisp @Nikamara @Lemonfairy
I was thinking about it last night and our team composition was probably the most effective I have ever seen. Aelin hard bussing Wiisp made it so eithers flip looked outstanding on the other, Proph going hard town for the deep wolf with soft dissociation guaranteed the late game, Lemon being lost broke association tells of any kind mechanically and with Aelin and Proph going deep it freed myself, Wiisp and Nika up to reap chaos that had the town lost for a while. A lot of our team focus was understanding who players scum read so if they started to get on one of us another of us they somewhat trusted could poke their read on that other player to pull them off on a tangent. Its the most effective process I know of as a wolf and would highly encourage other players to embrace it. Even post flip the manipulation is nearly impossible to recognize. I think the strongest example you may see in scum chat was when Wiisp was up for the lynch D3.

The replacements were an issue for us because we had such outstanding control of the town they would shake things up and offer an un-manipulated perspective. @Chloe was a very specific problem and was very effectively working a PoE to box in some wolves. She did not get everyone but what she was doing is textbook town strategy and I would highly encourage town players to embrace clearing town and forming a PoE as exemplified by Chloe’s play this game.

As always if anyone has feedback on what they feel I could have done better as a player I do love constructive criticism. I think I could have done more work for my post-flip although I was honestly focused on sweeping the town this game.

@osieorb18 @EliThePsycho
Curious what you guys thoughts were about the game.

5 Likes

honestly i didn’t really pay much attention and just did VCs or something

3 Likes

Agreed. Chloe is a very strong town play from my personal experience when playing with her in JoJo FM part 7.

interesting

1 Like

EBWODP: Player instead of play.

Just responding to some endgame stuff now that I have a little bit of time to do this -

Thanks, you played a hell of a game as well. Again, you replacing in Day 3 really made us have to dig in our heels to continue playing, because you had a LOT of wolves in your sight very quickly, and I was worried that you were going to break the silent stranglehold I had on the game since the start.

I think your process was excellent for the most part, and I think that playing the game how you did it nabs the scumteam 8/10 of the time. Just that the town got kind of unlucky with how the mechanics played out, and Aelin and I brought our A games.

Thanks, it’s not gonna be easy for me the next time I play with you :stuck_out_tongue:

You had extremely good reads for the majority of the game, and it’s hard to tinfoil your townreads when we’re right there lunching mafia with you. I was personally trying to set you up as a potential mislunch early but Windward clamped that down real quick on Day 3, and then you were never going to be a mislunch once Wisp and Helz flipped. So props, I think you played a strong game.

I think I said something similar in spec chat, but I think you and min were very close in picking up the pieces at the end there. It was obvious from both of your posts that you both realized /something/ was wrong, but it would have been hard to get there when all the dead townies were calling us town :stuck_out_tongue:

Props for this - this was an accurate summary of our endgame play. I think one of the strongest tools available to wolves is the ability to create doubt in townie’s minds - the ability for them to reconsider whether you could be scum whenever you make a post. One of the better scum players I know is Achromatic/Sir Chris, and this is something he said a couple of years ago that really helped me level up my scum game:

My scum game lives in the spaces of reasonable doubt. The only people who catch me reliably as scum, in my experience, are the people who also happen to mislynch me a lot as town. I am not perfect either, of course, but whereas my goal is certain (survival) their goal (lynching scum) is within the realm of doubt, and doubt is horrific when dressed with a smile.

You did a very good job replacing Zone by the way - I was worried that you would clear yourself and we would have to try and either mislunch you at mylo or keep you alive to endgame. Don’t beat yourself up - it’s hard to know that the town is a bad spot after we literally just lunched a wolf, and you weren’t given any extensions when replacing into a game with 11k posts.

Thanks. You played very well in the latter parts of the game - if I wasn’t scum, then there was a decent chance I would have worked with you more and cleared you.

Have we played/have you ever read one of my games? I’ve seen you around but don’t think I’ve ever actually played a game with you.

:smiling_imp:

You were a great scumbuddy and I’m glad that I had you to bounce ideas off with in night chat. It’s hard to give specific feedback given that we have pretty different playstyles, but I think you could have done a better job faking interactions/distancing early on? Just that when you flipped a couple of people were hard cleared based on your interactions and you also tied yourself pretty close to Wisp. Also, I think if we were able to pre-plan your claim then we could have probably staved off your lunch for another Day or so.

Not gonna write a huge postmortem about how this game went, but would just like to thank my scumbuddies for being great and a lot of the members of the town (specifically Blitz/min/Marshal/Chloe/Windward/Luk) for making this game as enjoyable as it was :slight_smile:

Will try to play another game here maybe later this year, we’ll see.

4 Likes

Wrong

We have

I’m the reason we didn’t heal you N1 in H17G5

Ohh that game.

(how TF did we lunch the cop day 1 lmao)

3 Likes

They didn’t post!

Post-Game Thoughts

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this game worked out! I figured that given its inherent swinginess, the game would be a stomp in one direction or another. Ended up being much closer than I anticipated.

Shoutout to everyone on the scumteam. As Helz mentioned, the team worked remarkably well together. (I suppose DESPITE Prophylaxis’ impulse to bus every scumbuddy he ever has…)

This was not really a scum sweep though. The town played very well too. I was particularly happy that in a 21 player game, out of 6 replacements, only 2 of them were not self-requested.

I think this game reminded me about a lot of the ups and downs of Discourse as a forum style for mafia as far as the software and communication style goes. It had its positives, but I much prefer even plain Xenforo in a lot of ways.

I think if I were to do things differently, I’d explain a bit more to the players. Give town hints as to their benefits, and make the Apes (and probably the Mafia as well) more aware of how the game worked.

I’d also give the benefits to everyone other than the Apes, not just vanillas.

All in all, a pretty solid success though. I’ll probably run a couple mid-sized games or micros here at some point this year. MAYBE another large game.

In the meantime, in addition to the various signups open in #forum-matches

Sudoku Mafia

and

Duality Mafia

have signups at those links.

Thanks to everyone involved in this game as a player, host, or otherwise, and I look forward to seeing you all around!

10 Likes

He would fit right in within our community.

I totally don’t want him to play more games here.

4 Likes

based