Emotional stress in Fol/FM

do speaking in latin-based languages also work

@Mercenary

Does it look smart to you?

Are you more likely to follow smart person?

Does it matter if it’s townie if people follow you anyway?

1 Like

@Vulgard I’m sorry if you felt I overreacted. I probably did. Hope you can forgive me and we can move on

1 Like

I’m probably still going to talk about this post-game but I have no hard feelings either way. I don’t want to elaborate because the rules exist.

3 Likes

Uh just my two sense on this subject from a person who can me emotionally unstable a lot due to my emotions just being ridiculous from ebing overly angry, sad, or just normal(well my normal :stuck_out_tongue: ) . I think there was a recent message of mine or two that might have somewhat sparked this due to me getting a like on this recently.

LOTR was a great setup, and its nothing bad at Luxy or Geyde. They were great ass hosts. BUT, I didnt have the greatest time due to oog. My life was kinda spiraling into a shitstorm. So that inital anxiety mixed wth being rolled sum had a lot of weight that suddenly I just couldnt hold.

After fucking up I made this post, cause in the time due to my lack of thinking I claimed flavor, that even though it wasn’t mine, it was still enough to get modkilled and I idiotically did it, so as like a last hurrah I said this. This was aimed at a certain person that angered me beyond beleive atm. I have no qualms with them now, they probably dont even know who they are, but I am not angry or mad or sad at them. BUT I WAS PISSED AND SAD in the moment. Simply i felt shutdown there since no matter what I said, I was scum. It wasnt even deragatory or that mean looking back, but it just hit deep enough during my current state that it hurt especially coming from someone I see as a good friend. I cried butt felt a sense of releif afterwards that my small break from fm was starting and i would have less on my plate. It was true I was scum, but idk emotions were high and it just stung. Do i hate this person would i say they were toxic for saying these things? No. They are a great person its just not the best mood mixed with a bad mental state mixed with shut downs of my play, that hurt. Like the thing is I looked back after the stress was gone and I cant really blame them it was a game and they were simply playing a game, playing it right as they caught me.

All I ask is just remember when talking to people, they are just as human as you are (maybe except the bots like Priestess /s). You may not know whats going on IRL so just treat them right. Even if you caught them, even if they are being a jerk to you, hostlity is never the answer. Like if something or someone is bothering you speak up. Follow the Golden rule escentially

1 Like

Please stop talking about ongoing games.

Oh ti’s been said

1 Like

LOTR is not ongoing but I know u mean others not me

Sorry

No worries, its in the past and it wasnt even you

My opinion is that FM is not for the faint of heart.

That’s simply how it is. It’s a very niche enjoyment and breaks seem commonly a necessity even for the most experienced players

A big emotional investment sometimes means a turn downards. That’s unavoidable. You can’t experience a high from seeing the right scum flip or leading a mislynch if you don’t also experience the low when being mislynched or found out as scum. I think you employ the same strategies you do for other “dangerous” stereotypical addiction like activities like gaming/alcohol etc. If it starts impacting your daily life in negative ways, you curb your time on it. Moderation is key and where moderation lies varies from case by case. If you have to go cold turkey, do it. It’s literally supposed to be a form of entertainment after all. It’s all up to you.

13 Likes

I want to respond to this post, but honestly I believe that everyone (Especially Solic) has said it perfectly.

:woman_shrugging: I was thinking this kind of reconciliation was important. And I don’t think it broke the integrity of the game.

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you cannot try to make the game more enjoyable for everyone. Always try to hurt the player, the character… but not the actual person.

5 Likes

Hard agree

Attacking someone’s play in a game is fine almost every time

Going for their throat is almost always not

3 Likes

wait what?

Yes. Some people aren’t so thickskinned as others. It’s true.

3 Likes

#FlowGang

Get outta here

My advice? Never play Survivor. It’s 10x worse than FM.
To improve on FM just associate everything a player is doing for the purpose of the game; if they’re insulting you, twist it towards your advantage (such as saying X is saying Y in an attempt to do Z) and have them executed.
If you manage to master that not only do you reduce stress based on other people’s words you also improve in your game.

Otherwise, I can’t really give any advice on how do deal with stress of the game (such as having 3 people push on you and feel the need to do something). That’s one of the reasons I play FM. It’s addictive.
Keeping composure is probably the best thing you can do.

2 Likes