[FM] Mafia Academy 1 - Mafia Victory

I did too at first :frowning:

1 Like

multiple ppl have already outed it

tone is a bit overly aggressive here and while i don’t know nerbin’s meta due to not having played any games with him for a long while (i think), i’m not liking it because it feels like he’s trying to make simon look bad here

personally, i think it’d make more sense if it was him trying to be extra cautious to not be scumread because i think this is his first game or so since he rejoined the community (?) but i do agree that calling it out in that way was odd bc of how it was phrased - keeping himself safe with that but not really helping anyone else if it’s the case bc town would want to spread that info if they genuinely thought it was the case

perhaps, but i don’t think it’s necessarily ai if it was his second post tbh
would like it if @nerbins posted more (but not going over the pr limit) thx

what is this supposed to mean

pretty sure you’ve played with disquieted before so how do they perform as scum and town? what’s their skill level/what types of posts do they normally make?

honestly just rolled with it bc everyone else was and claiming for no reason is ehh
there still could be tho so /shrug

I honestly think rn that it all ends in pizza if Jgoes is L1
I really thought he was L2, though, and based my reads on that. It has been some time I don’t play on this site and my first game with him is the JOAT9 one.

OOF.

Thank you.

Let me make one of those scale reads because they are cool.

Town
MaximusPrime
Shurian
Astand

Marshal
Jgoes/Mist1522

Luxy/Geyde
Arete/Disquieted

SirDerpsALot
Maxwell
Jake/Alice
Vulgard/Squid
DatBird
Nerbins
Simon
Katze/Firekitten

Kai
Scum

Yep, I’m mostly townhunting than scumhunting that game. I’ll refuse to move Kai until he stops hiding behind his meta to make people townread him on telling people to fuck off and starts playing properly.

why so low…

They have like 3 combined posts.

Scratch that, one post

Thread has no spice.

Arete bad. Only appealing to players with their wallposts, not solving.
Mercenary bad. Pushing the agenda that Marshal/Jgoes must exist and that we must lynch in them.

A way too great part of that was made on my bored highschooler mind and due to the post restriction it is exhausting to explain everything, so if you want the reasoning behind something in particular just ask me.
If I forgot someone it is because I didn’t put the effort to read them yet lol.

Anyway I think we guys are relying too much on meta in a game made for people to try to do better than their usual metas (if they are self-hurting ones, specially, like the people really easily scumread like last year Hja when they roll scum). Exception here for the NAI ones like Simon mechanics solving and Priestess jumping in front of newbies.

Yep, I agree it looks like Nerbins is shadethrowing.

Most people on that giantblock are the nullreads one which I didn’t actually nullread but didn’t read their posts to a relevant stand.
I’m foccusing on townhunting here rather than wolfhunting. Currently Maxi/Shurian are my towncore and I have to update myself on Astand before deciding if he is just townie or towncored as well.

welcome to the club, brother

bruh long ass readslists time to skip all the way down to me -_-

ok, so why are you biased? am i null bc you just don’t know what to think or is there something you like/dislike

so that’s what u meant
another pocketing attempt? :thinking:

this is where i gotta end this postr, ping me if u need me to read a post when i get back

I disagree here. Arete was one of the rare players who townread Jgoes and it was the first scumread on me I have seen.

Uh, no? I have retracted this rn because I overstimated Jgoes.

They don’t really feel scum-motivated to me, to be honest. I think scum would want to effortpost more to appear townie, particularly when everyone else was effortposting; obviously wasting posts doesn’t help town, but it doesn’t feel scum-motivated to me.

This might just be the TMI I had that game talking but it was really obvious FMPOV in LotR that Vul was pushing an agenda hard, and I don’t see that from him here – his solving attempts feel much more legitimate and natural, rather than LotR where he was forcing himself to come to whatever conclusions helped us.

He tryhards way more as scum. I honestly hate this meta because it means we end up townreading him for not trying, but basically as scum he’ll do things like e.g. Isoing people and making serious concentrated pushes and things like that, whereas as town he kind of just spends half the thread making low-effort posts.

Makes sense.

Marshal’s been pushing the Jgoes-as-L2 narrative; he hasn’t had a scumgame (apart from one game as true neut neutral and a turbo) but from what I’ve seen of his towngames I don’t really have reason to expect him to be a L2 wolf.

The one I outlined in that sentence – basically, instead of focusing overly much on scumhunting (though obviously, you still do that some), you townhunt, make a towncore, and then lynch outside the towncore.

Jgoes wasn’t in the JoaT9 game (also it’s ongoing so we should probably stop talking about it).

Quoting this rather than your wall because I don’t want to break the quote. Can you elaborate more on some of these? I’m specifically seeing Maxi and Vul/Squid as the ones that stick out most. I’m also curious about you putting Marshal and Jgoes in the same high tier – can you tell me more about how you’re reading that interaction?

It means he has or is claiming a N0 investigative peek on you as town.

I think this forum is way too uptight about what constitutes a L1 or L2 or L3.
I am basing my reads off of jgoes being a level two. A level two in this guide is:

Level 2: Solid player, played some vanilla games, knows the basics of wolf hunting

Solid player [Yep]
Played some vanilla games[Not really, but still played enough]
Knows the basis of wolf hunting [Yep]

I’d call him a L2 and he is acting like a scummy l2

You know what you’re right if there was a claim-vig they woulda shot by now.
50 post limit, lose vote for the day

and i think we are underestimating jgoes.

Underestmation is how people get miscleared (me in lotrfm, STB in lotrfm, ozz and jake in looming threat, jake in sfol 00, kyo in sfol00)

he is a solid player. And yes, a llhf, but a solid player.

Uhhh and what would you consider me? L -1 ? :eyes:

I have trouble reading you, and don’t know much about your meta.

I have played in every non-turbo game jgoes has, however, so i have a better grasp of him

Quick question has FK not posted a single time today?

1 Like

I’m going to rebuild my termometer because reanalyzing there I don’t think that voting in the thread is a townslip
It is simply because people didn’t read the thread
I jumped in too eagerly based on sand, again. That should be my greater problem as town, actually. I polarize people too much because of trivial stuff :sweat_smile:

I believe those reads are too polarized for small stuff as well. Unless I read them wrong and it is only normalreads and not ULTRALOCKREADS

Yep, I let myself get carried here since I don’t know Jgoes well. It is good to see another perspective.

confused Merc noises
But yeah, since Alice commented on making towncored PyMM I have been trying to do that on this thread

alright I’ll stop
confused him with James I think
so I don’t think I have played with Jgoes at all. Maybe PyMM but it was so short I barely remember it :cry:

They are slightly townread, it looks as if they were high because most people are null (the people on the giant block) since I don’t have foccused on them in particular.
I’m trying to go slower on that game and making few strong reads rather than a lot of shitty ones, so I plan on getting the nulls later.
Marshal is literally only gut town, Jgoes because of his L1ness confidence.

A scummy L2 and a townish L1
Anyway guys make your mind.
If he is L1 he is town for me, if he is L2 he is scum as he fell for the same pittrap I did on the game we aren’t allowed to discuss because it is ongoing.

ive been giving reads as i get them. i honestly dont have any reads atm besides what ive said. i know in theory how people get more reads but im bad in practice

uhm no. thats not what i said at all. he claimed (not softed) that he was a pr, and i was saying that i was wary. i said its not AI on its own but it can influence and affect other info which is AI
and yeah it was the 20 posts thing. i think it felt weird that a town would have that as i kinda know how the whole post-restriction thing works now, i think, and at the time i had different ideas, but not enough evidence for those ideas to actually call him on them. 20 post limit is still weird imo, but fine enough to leave it.
yes this is also sprawling. because i talk into the keyboard when i type, essentially. so its basically a stream-of-consciousness kinda thing.

mainly the one scummy post. i wrote it as i was figuring out my own suspicion. it kinda develops through the post. theres no definite reason within there that i could point out for why hes scummy to me, just feelings and intuitions for the most part.

@Alice, whats your pr? this is important, dont skimp out on me.

You know what I’ma give him a quick ping maybe he forgot to set it to watching too
@Kirefitten