FoL Feedback Thread

The issue is tavernkeeper because they use redirection for protection.

Drunk redirects to scumreads.

Knight CSes Assassin
Tavernkeeper swaps Assassin and Mystic, a scumread and town which is how it should be used.
Knight CSes Mystic

Both BD are doing well in isolation and now end up with a dead Knight and Mystic.

You were able to do that as Drunk already

Drunk targets scumreads. Tavernkeeper targets 1 townread, 1 scumread.

If a Drunk redirects a Knight on not scum. They were both wrong on the Knight being scum and wrong on whoever they redirect to being scum. That’s fine to punish.

This is fundamentally different and bad design.

It is pretty similar to drunk, but I believe the FoL team was looking to add a new bd offensive

Kyo put a lot of effort into creating some new classes a few months ago; @Solic thoughts on their Tanner / Cordwainer?

1 Like

That’s support.

Rip.

I’ll leave this to geyde then.

Obviously I think Tavernkeeper is the best possible addition, considering I made that.

Doesn’t mean that other classes don’t need to be altered for it to work.

I’m sure Geyde will talk with you about balancing once he’s back up and available. He did just go to sleep an hour ago.

Did you never redirect healers into you, or invests to confirm yourself?

No, because healers can do that without me redirecting them and if you fakeclaim Alchemist as BD killer, that’s just wtf.

Also no, because I’d rather confirm myself by having no kills occur because of a right redirection.

I wouldn’t say it’s support.
It directly affects the attacker with a negative effect, it doesn’t help the attacked player.

I don’t care much about arguing where it falls on the support/offensive spectrum.

It’s functionally just like giving someone death immunity against non occupy immune classes. I don’t see that as very interesting or new other than that it persists, which I plainly just do not like.

Tavernkeeper has new mechanic in swapping.

Isn’t that just tornado?

Yes, which didn’t exist in FoL until now.

Well old Scorned had it.

Oh, I see. That’s… interesting.
I’m going to go and check CW’s abilities.

FoL CW is like… really really old tol CW
While Tavernkeeper is a mix of tol Invoker or tol Drunk + normal tol CW

I can’t think of any mods that were on the team that left due to player toxicity?

1 Like