FoL Feedback Thread

Class Re-Wording/Typo’s/Grammar Mistakes:
Going to be very picky

• Butler:

Nightshade Wine (Day) - Poison The King, causing him to die tonight if not healed. The king will not be informed if he is poisoned. If the King is Good, you will commit suicide. - 1 use, available starting Day 2 :crown:

One of the The’s are wrong, one has a capital the other doesn’t. Same goes for the other poison, pick one and don’t use both.

• Butler Cult Alt:

(Nightshade Wine): Toxic Wine (Day) - Add a lethal amount of cyanide into The King’s wine, causing The King will die from cyanide poisoning tonight unless healed. The king is not informed of the poison. If they are Devout, you will commit suicide due to Mithras anger the following night. - 1 use :crown:

Should say Mithras’ not Mithras.

• Court Wizard:

Arcane Empower (Day) - The target of your night ability, this night, will bypass immunities (discounting conversion immunity) and be guaranteed to succeed with their actions. Their investigative abilities will always receive correct results. 2 Uses.

This sentence should follow what everything else says and instead say: “The player that you target with your ability tonight”

• Drunk:

Debauchery (Night) - Force a player to target a second of your choice. (you won’t be immune to attacks or conversion if you force them to target you). You will only be seen visiting the first. - Infinite use

Majority of the things in the brackets don’t need to be specified on all classes.

• Noble Cult Alt:

Court Spies: Cult Connections (Day) - At the end of the day, you will learn who voted for whom during today’s king election. - 2 uses

Court Spies should have brackets around it.

• Observer:

Little Bird (Day) - Send a bird to track if target player leaves their room that night or not. In addition, you will learn if any players visited target player or not. You will be told the next morning. - 2 uses

Why not just say that you’ll be told at the end of the night like other abilities?

• Paladin Cult Alts:

(Cleanse Cult Alt) Blood’s Purity (Day) - Tonight, the Cult Leader’s action will succeed. Bypasses visit prevention, occupation and the court wizard’s barrier. - 1 use
(Test of Faith Alt) All-Seeing Eye (Night) - Learn a player’s class. - 2 uses
Smite

Literally just the smite part. Gave me a little laugh at how this was missed since Oct 11, '18. I suppose there was a Smite Cult Alt planned but eventually forgotten about.

• Aristocrat:

They were successfully Investigated.
They were successfully Occupied.
Their target was successfully swapped.

This section should be in quotes on the classcard like the Noble.

• Sage:

Shock (Night) - The target player will be target themselves with their ability tonight. - Infinite uses

My main inspiration for this thing. I don’t think “will be target themselves” is correct. I believe the be doesn’t even need to exist.

• Sage 2:

Dark Rune (Day) - Choose a player. If that player uses an ability today they will target themselves with it. - 2 uses
Shock (Night) - The target player will be target themselves with their ability tonight. - Infinite uses

…isn’t this literally the same ability but one is at night and the other is during the day?

• Cult Leader:

Train (Passive) - At any point before the start of the first night, you may message the host and choose the Cult alts that the Cult class that spawned with you will receive, based on a non-unique class they can be converted from. If you do not choose the Cult alts, they will receive a random valid set.

Not really on topic mostly but, majority of the games I’ve seen Cult in, the Cult class that spawned with the Cult Leader selected the Cult Alts.

• Begrudged King:

Pass the Torch (Passive) - If you die, a vote to determine the next king will be held at start of the next day.
Head of State (Passive) - Your vote counts as two if there are more than 5 players alive except during Grand Trial. Immune to occupation and redirection. Your abilities do not count as visits.
Grand Trial (Day) - Instantly put a player on trial for treason lasting up to 24 hours possibly extending day. They may provide a defense within 12 hours, and then the players alive may either vote to execute or pardon. If a majority of players vote to execute, the day will end and the player on trial will be lynched. Otherwise, the day will continue as normal. - 1 use
Guard! (Night) - Choose a player. They will be immune to death tonight. - 3 uses :crown:
Scapegoat (Night) - Send guards to frame two targets. - Infinite uses
Survive to see 2 marked players lynched.

Sorry to quote the whole class but, there is nothing here that says players you visit will be marked. I know we all know that they will be marked but some people can be stupid.

• Inquisitor:

You will commit suicide after completing your righteous mission.

Common Sense tells me that he shouldn’t commit suicide but instead just leave the court room. Then again my non-common sense tells me that this makes sense.

That’s all, if you find more please tell me.

3 Likes

Mithras anger is a medical condition:^)

Mithras’

Mithrases.

It’s like this:

This is James’ pencil case.

You don’t put “James’s” or “Jameses” like you would, because it ends with an S.

Rephrase it to ‘The Cult may choose…’

Glad you acknowledge that. :wink:

Fixed.

Think this can take a pass, since it does mention that the second target can be yourself and it might not be obvious to players unfamiliar with ToL that this wouldn’t protect them somehow as well. Also the old version used to do this, so I think the extra clarity here is not without reason.

You’ll probably find tens of inconsistencies in Cult Alt formatting, but they might be duly changed soon anyways…

It’s practically the same thing, but it does say that now.

Oh look a cult alt inconsistency. :wink: Technically this is still correct, since you can just take Smite. Also reason why I left it in, because this particular one has also caught my eye before.

Fixed.

Good catch and yes it is.

Well yeah, because puppeting is a thing and also it is weird to impose it on the person actually carrying the role. This is awkwardly placed anyways, but again cult alts… not sure. They were awesome when confirmability was such a big problem. Fixed it anyways to say “The Cult” as a whole can choose.

Scorned’s passive transfers.

But… death is exciting.

2 Likes

Thanks, these responses are good

1 Like

Cult Alt:
(Link minds): Mindbend - The Cult Leader can use Brainwash tonight, despite that it is on cooldown. - 1 use, only usable when Brainwash is on cooldown

Is this a day or night ability?

I believe day.

Cool beans

1 Like

Is siding neutrals in fact gamethrowing as BD :thinking:

Your objective is to defeat the Unseen or Cult, and any neutrals that seek to do you harm.

(I see what is meant, it’s only the NK and not the neutrals, but there are quite some strategies I’m using in ToL which would be gamethrowing with this wincon rn, lol.)

As long as the long con is to defeat them, it’s fine.
Letting NK live because otherwise you would lose is a strategy that could allow for a turnaround into a win…somehow

As for neutrals, probably not

Necromancer’s Revenge. :tophat:

Wasn’t Necromancer an old fol class?

Not that I am aware of. I reference Firekitten’s SFoL Necromancer’s Revenge, where I was NK Necromancer that sided with town, then unseen and then town again. It wasn’t gamethrowing of town to side with me there, since they didn’t have enough power to potentially win otherwise.

I wasn’t speaking about 3 faction situations or NKs tho :upside_down_face:

Neutrals that seek to do you harm are the Sellsword, Warlock and Neutral Killers.

Other Neutrals may do you harm as a side effect, but aren’t acting deliberately in order to optimize for harm to BD like those classes are

Oh does that mean, the game will be prolonged, if only BDs and these non-NK classes are alive?

That I’m not sure of.

But if it doesn’t it would qualify as auto-resolution rather than all wincons being fulfilled or impossible.

never again

2 Likes