[Game Thread] Meowntainado (4/14) - Day 5 - Mafia Wins!

welp looks like aelin dies glgl

1 Like

/vote aelin stats

This topic was automatically closed after 47 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Final Votecount

Player Voted by Votes
Aelin Arctic, Luxy, Emilia, Arete, Hippolytus, Wendy, Marshal 7/8
cabbage Aelin, an_gorta_pratai, Ketsuban, EliThePsycho 4/8
an_gorta_pratai cabbage 1/8
Arctic Marluxion 1/8
Not voting Wazza 1

5 minutes to DM me with errors

3 Likes

End of Day 1

Aelin has been eliminated! They were…

Sus Honeycat

You are Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.

Defeat the mafia.

Night 1 ends: 2021-08-02T21:00:00Z

5 Likes

Day 2 Postcap

The following numbers are a count of how many posts each player can reach on Day 2 before they hit the cap. I’ll try my best to warn you if you get close, but please try to monitor your own postcounts.

an_gorta_pratai - 273

Arctic - 369

Arete - 276

cabbage - 256

EliThePsycho - 263

Emilia - 315

Hippolytus - 254

Ketsuban - 271

Luxy - 245

Marluxion - 260

Marshal - 412

Wazza - 235

Wendy - 325

4 Likes

Start of Day 2

Marshal died during the night! She was…

Honeycat But With Big Eyes

You are Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.

Defeat the mafia.

Day 2 will end 2021-08-04T21:00:00Z

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to reach majority.

Massping

@an_gorta_pratai
@Arctic
@Arete
@cabbage
@EliThePsycho
@Emilia
@Hippolytus
@Ketsuban
@Luxy
@Marluxion
@Wazza
@Wendy

2 Likes

let’s kill Marshal, she’s a wolf

okay so, after that EoD I went back to re-read Marshal to try to figure out if I was just being biased and her Iso is actually wolfier than I thought, I’m going to try to keep this short/only focus on the really important points so that it’s not too long to read also because I think she probably kills me and I don’t want to write a 5000 word wolfcase that I’ll never get to post but this isn’t even all the wolfy stuff she did, just the most major things

1. useless questions and comments to try to look town that don’t actually do anything

Throughout the game, Marshal has been asking random questions and making random comments that don’t help solving or advance the gamestate in any way, and only look productive. For example, near the beginning of the game, she posted this:

This question does literally nothing to advance the gamestate or help solve, the only effect it really has is to give wolves ideas on how to use their desperado optimally (which she didn’t even seem to consider as a possibility), not only that but she didn’t even use any of people’s comments to try to solve them which is part of why I think she’s not just a villager who incorrectly thinks this is a useful question to ask

when I asked her why she posted it she said this:

but then when I asked her what she got from the discussion/reactions of the post she explicitly said was supposed to be reaction sparkin she said she didn’t get anything

which is a blatant contradiction to her previous post

she also has a bunch of posts like these:

but never really makes an attempt to change the gamestate. ‘oh no no one is posting this is so sad’ is an extremely easy line to take as a wolf without actually doing anything to change it, in Corrupt Votes I correctly caught Eli and Aelin (both of whom were wolves) doing the whole ‘oh no dead thread’ thing without actually doing anything to try to change it, Marshal’s posting here is basically identical to the angle they were taking

without an attempt to actually change anything those posts serve no purpose except to look villagery

2. treatment of my slot

her treatment of my slot is completely off, she repeatedly tries to shade my slot but never actually makes any attempt to get me executed, despite having tried much harder to push Princess_Daisy who was literally my slot and despite not claiming to townread me

like if this is your read on Daisy:

then her just completely dropping that read once I sub in makes no sense from a villager’s perspective, but does make sense from the perspective of a wolf who has TMI that I’m town and that I’m a hard player to get misexe’d, and wants to go for easy executions

this is similar to how she handled my slot in Umineko 1 where she was a wolf, where I subbed in for Seth (who she’d been repping a strong wolfread on), she basically ignored her previous read on Seth without actually admitting to townreading my slot

her explanation is that she doesn’t want to risk D1ing me but she also doesn’t seem at all worried about persuading people for future days, or engaging with my slot to try to sort me, or any of the things I would expect her to be doing if she actually thought I was a wolf

also this is just straight-up a lie unless Marissa’s memory is awful, off the top of my head I can think of ToS 1, “Throne of Lies” FM, BotF 1, Marblelympics (<- all town games where I misread town!Marshal), ToS2399, JoaT9 2 (town games where I misread wolf!Marshal), and that’s only counting games I could think of off the top of my head

3. EoD

Marissa’s EoD was actually awful, especially if Cabbages is a villager but even if Cabbages is a wolf

like despite the wagons being very close she basically doesn’t make any effort to either solve the wagons or convince people to go to her preferred wagon, half of her posts at EoD are just things like this:

all of these were made in the last 20 minutes of the day!! this is not how a villager handles wagons that for much of EoD were separated by a SINGLE VOTE. she displays ZERO care for the alignments of the people up for execution

even if you think that Aelin/Cabbages could be W/W you should still try to sort them

this is one of the few posts she makes that actually demonstrates any sort of attempt to persuade people to vote for one over the other:

but she doesn’t even care that people don’t listen to her:

her perspective here makes no sense if she’s a villager, she’s basically going ‘we should kill Cabbages (but I’m not actually going to try to kill Cabbages) :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

(she did care earlier in the day/further from EoD but once the wagons were set she pretty much stopped)

Conclusion

Marshal is a wolf, let’s kill her

/vote Marshal @sulit @Chloe

okay so

I feel really stupid now

1 Like

what

what x2

probably I should have checked the flip before copypasting my prewritten wallpost :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I was going to ask them why Marshal voted Aelin at the end of the day, but I guess it doesn’t matter now.

Arete joins my list of townspeople, since I think killing Marshal was a pretty obvious effort to frame them.

well that makes things easier

/vote Arete

Wait no, I misremembered a post.

Arete said Marshal likes to kill Arete N1, not the other way around.

Arete is henceforth removed from my list of townspeople.

LMAO Arete

1 Like

don’t bully me >:(

1 Like

Player Voted by Votes
Arete Ketsuban 1/7
Not voting an_gorta_pratai, Arctic, Arete, cabbage, EliThePsycho, Emilia, Hippolytus, Luxy, Marluxion, Wazza, Wendy 11

Both majority and plurality are in effect. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to reach majority.

Returning to the topic of yesterday, I hope everyone realizes now that what I had been trying to say for a good part of yesterday is true: Aelin was voted by wolves with little reasoning other than claiming she was in her wolf meta. This sort of read, either town or scum, is a lazy way to slap labels on individuals, and those that exercise it are more likely scum than town.

With that said, I would like to invite everyone to join me in voting Emilia.

/vote Emilia @Chloe @sulit

They were the most egregiously voting individual yesterday, joining a flash wagon on Aelin and remaining there for the day with absolutely no explanation. It makes no sense that Emilia continued to vote Aelin, since I - one of their top scumreads - was a viable execution target yesterday. This proves that Emilia simply voted whoever was most convenient and did not care much about the votes yesterday.