[Game Thread] Meowntainado (4/14) - Day 5 - Mafia Wins!

Welcome to Meowntainado!

Hosted by @Chloe and @sulit
Alt Mod: @Chloe

Flavor by Honeycat

Rules

Follow the Global Forum Rules as well as the Forum Game Rules

All players must post a minimum of 10 substantive and game-related posts per 48h Day phase. This requirement may be waived in the instance the Day ends due to majority or you die mid-Day.

What doesn't count?
  • Posting for the sole purpose of meeting the post requirement.
  • Posting about the fact that you are making posts, without adding any new content.
  • Posting about non-game-related topics (ex. IRL, news, homework, etc), or posting fluff such as images or gifs.
  • Posting that you are reading, will read, will provide content in the future, etc.
  • Posts containing non-substantive edits to a prior post (e.g. “I think Chloe is mafia because she is greenchecked” → “I meant redchecked” - this only counts as one post).
  • Posts containing solely a vote.

Alts are allowed. PM Chloe if you would like to play this game on an alt.

The hosts may or may not utilize WOTM to prohibit players from joining.

THIS GAME HAS A POST CAP. Players can only make up to 200 posts per in-game day. This is lifted 2 hours before EoD. (Shooting the gun does not count towards the cap)

EXCESSIVE AtE IS NOT ALLOWED. Appealing to emotion can result in a toxic environment that ruins enjoyment. We want this game to be somewhat competitive and taken seriously. As a result, we will be monitoring the thread for heavy AtE. If you aren’t sure if what you’re posting breaks this rule, feel free to run it by us. If you find yourself unable to play the game without it affecting you emotionally, please let us know so we can help you. Feel free to message either of me/sulit at any time if you need to vent, or just want to talk.

The Setup

Role List

11x Vanilla Town
3x Mafia Goon

Sample Role PMs

Vanilla Town

You are Vanilla Town. Your only weapons are your voice and your vote.

Defeat the mafia.

Mafia Goon

You are a Mafia Goon. You share a 24/7 private chat with your teammates. Each Night, the Mafia must kill a member of the Town.

Reach parity with the town.

Special Mechanics

On Night 2, the Mafia must select a member of the Town. This player will be given a gun publicly, and must shoot it on Day 3 by typing **/shoot [player]** in the thread. If they shoot a member of the Mafia, the Mafia member dies. If they shoot a member of the Town, the gun holder will die.

If the Mafia fail to select a target by the final hour of the Night, it will be given to a random living villager.
The gun cannot be given to the target of the factional kill.
If the gun holder fails to shoot by the final hour of the Day, they will die.

Voting

• Both majority and plurality are in effect.

• You may not self-vote. Asking other players to vote and/or hammer you breaks this rule and goes against the spirit of the game.

• No-elimination is a valid vote, and may be hammered to end the Day early. In cases where no-elim and another vote are tied at the end of the Day, no-elim will have priority in the rand.

• Tied votes will result in a player being eliminated at random from among the tied players.

• MyLo (mis-eliminate and lose) and LyLo (eliminate or lose) will be announced, and votes will be locked. This means that your first vote is final and cannot be changed.

• All votes must be in the form of **/vote [player]** and all unvotes must be in the form of **/unvote**. Please ping the hosts (@Chloe and @sulit) and put your votes on a separate line in order to make it easier for us to process them.

• On Day 3, majority is disabled until the gun is shot, after which votes will reset.

Gameplay

• Phases will begin and end at 14:00 PDT

• Days are 48 hours, and Nights are 24 hours.

• In the instance the Day ends early due to majority, the Night phase will be extended to end at a consistent time.

• The Mafia factional kill is mandatory. If no factional kill is submitted by the final hour of the Night, the kill will be determined randomly from among living members of the town.

• Mafia will communicate through a private Discord server.

• Flavor is NAI

Living Players

1. Arctic
  2. Emilia → orangeandblack5
  3. EliThePsycho → Leafia
  4. Wazza
  5. Wendy

Graveyard

1. Aelin - Eliminated Day 1 - Sus Honeycat (Town)
  2. Marshal - Killed Night 1 - Honeycat But With Big Eyes (Town)
  3. Grace → an_gorta_pratai - Eliminated Day 2 - Joy Honeycat (Town)
  4. Marluxion - Killed Night 2 - Angy Honeycat (Town)
  5. Arete - Shot Day 3 - Demon (Mafia)
  6. cabbage - Eliminated Day 3 - Happy Honeycat (Town)
  7. Luxy - Killed Night 3 - Freakishly Close To Camera Honeycat (Town)
  8. Ketsuban - Eliminated Day 4 - Evil Honeycat
  9. Hippolytus - Killed Night 4 - Honeycat But Winking

Replacements

1. DatBird
  2. thepigeonnyc
  3. Prophylaxis
  4. Atlas
  5. katze
  6. Leafia

Spectators

Spectator/deadchat will be combined, and will be uninformed.

1. Jane
  2. astand
  3. Amelia

Threadmarks

Day 1 - an_gorta_pratai replaces Grace
Day 1 - Arete replaces Princess_Daisy
END OF DAY 1 - Aelin is eliminated! (Town) & Postcap Info

START OF DAY 2 - Marshal was killed!
END OF DAY 2 - an_gorta_pratai is eliminated! (Town)

START OF DAY 3 - Marluxion was killed! Luxy receives the desperado!
Day 3 - orangeandblack5 replaces Emilia
Day 3 - Arete is shot! (Mafia)
END OF DAY 3 - cabbage is eliminated! (Town) & Leafia replaces EliThePsycho

START OF DAY 4 - Luxy was killed!
END OF DAY 4 - Ketsuban is eliminated!

START OF DAY 5 - Hippolytus was killed!

GAME END - Wendy is eliminated! Mafia wins!

1 Like

The game has been randed, and rolecards have been sent.

If you did not receive a rolecard, please DM either of the hosts on the forums or Discord.

Game will begin: 2021-07-30T21:00:00Z

Somewhat-alphabetized pings for easy ISO

Players

@Aelin
@Arctic
@cabbage
@EliThePsycho@Leafia
@Emilia@orangeandblack5
@Grace@an_gorta_pratai
@Hippolytus
@Ketsuban
@Luxy
@Marluxion
@Marshal
@Princess_Daisy@Arete
@Wazza
@Wendy

Hosts

@Chloe
@sulit

Host/Mod Note

In addition to AtE, I’m going to be monitoring and moderating this thread for toxicity. I know that mafia can be stressful, which can lead to anger and frustration, but please don’t take it out on other players. If you find yourself unable to play without lashing out at others or becoming upset please take a break from the thread and focus on something else - and message me if you want/need to. If someone is offending you or making the thread an unfun environment please contact the hosts so we can sort it out.

Respect others, keep it classy, and enjoy the game. image

Thanks!

6 Likes

Start of Day 1

Day 1 will end 2021-08-01T21:00:00Z

With 14 players alive, it takes 8 to reach majority.

massping

@Aelin
@Arctic
@cabbage
@EliThePsycho
@Emilia
@Grace
@Hippolytus
@Ketsuban
@Luxy
@Marluxion
@Marshal
@Princess_Daisy
@Wazza
@Wendy

1 Like

first

According to rules I can copy paste same read 10 times and shitpost after.

/vote Marshal

Hey everyone! I’m Wendy. This is just a NAI PSA from me.

I’m gonna most likely less-effort this game but at the same time, I’m going to try and do a lot better at it. No, don’t worry. I won’t be non-existent. I just feel like trying a little harder than I usually do. Thank god I’m playing on a different website.

I’m Wendy! I’m a regular in the Moviestarplanet forums, and I play FM there regularly. I hope I have the ability to show off my skills here :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

On an unrelated note,

/vote Arctic

This slot looks pretty frozen. :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I’m not sure we should do this, given that everyone only has 200 posts to work with…

Anyway, hello everyone! :smiley:

1 Like

gasp
she knows the joycat way

1 Like

Hi Cabbage! Hi Eli! Hope you two are having an good afternoon. Or evening, depending on where you live.

Player Voted by Votes
Arctic Wendy 1/8
Marshal Emilia 1/8
Not voting Aelin, Arctic, cabbage, EliThePsycho, Grace, Hippolytus, Ketsuban, Luxy, Marluxion, Marshal, Princess_Daisy, Wazza 12

Both majority and plurality are in effect. With 14 players alive, it takes 8 to reach majority.

1 Like

im sorry i had to

Ma’am, this is Wendy’s.

3 Likes

me too, pretty weird how i’ve never seen you around there before

its absolutely a great idea with no flaws

wolfy vote

/vote Wendy @Chloe @sulit