[Game Thread] Meowntainado (4/14) - Day 5 - Mafia Wins!

see my list from earlier

hippo still lead candidate

uh

thoughts on non-Marshal people

• Marl/Eli/Emilia/Hippo all fall into the ‘I’m pretty sure this is V from meta’ bucket. the first two are more confident than the latter two because their meta is fresher + more polarized but I think it’s unlikely for any of them to be Mafia, I can elaborate on any of these if it would be helpful although I think this is mostly pretty consensus minus Hippo. I guess I should explain Hippo probably, but basically in FAM (+Evolution Mafia which was longer ago) I felt that he was trying to basically just skate by by shitposting and barely solving in the early game, whereas here his posting is basically the exact opposite, mostly solving and almost no shitposting.
  • Marshal’s pushes this game have been sketchy as heck, her push on Arctic is less bad with the explanation she gave but her push on Daisy was just extremely ???, she’s also been relying nearly exclusively on meta to make her reads which is wolfy as it’s easier for wolves to make fake metareads than basically any other type of fake read. I know I said this was going to be on non-Marshal people but I changed my mind. she’s also been like ‘oh no, gamestate is so dead, it’s so easy for wolves’ but not really doing much to actually change it.
  • legit all the alts that are making any attempt to hide their identity have godawful tone, I don’t actually think this is AI so much as ‘they are typing in an unnatural way to hide their identity’ but it’s really frustrating. someone in the signups thread was like ‘if you policy alts for being alts you’re admitting that you’re a bad player who needs meta to read people’ but actually no the alts are making themselves harder to read even without meta.
    – on that note @cabbage has a bunch of posts that kind of feel like they’re trying to impersonate me and it sketches me out. cabbage can you either explain why you’re doing that or say that it’s not true.
  • need an explanation from @Wendy on specifically why they think the Eli meta clear is incorrect/bad, they’ve been saying that Eli’s posting isn’t very good but pretty much ignoring the fact that Eli’s posting is always bad while as a wolf he’s completely unable to do actual solving. for Reasons I had read the later posts in their Iso first and I thought this was fine initially because from the perspective of a non-FoLer it makes sense to think Eli’s posts are wolfy but then I realized they had outed themself as an alt so I’m not sure why they’re not just accepting the Eli clear
  • sort of weh on Gorta because I know he really wanted to be in this game and his posting doesn’t reflect that but I know Gorta can be underwhelming so I’m giving him some space.
  • everyone else is null pending me taking more than a couple minutes to look at their posts

do you think hippo/arctic are compatable as a w/w pair
my reservation is basically “hippo push arctic, wolf want to push villager??:joy_cat:???” but its a reservation nonetheless

oh also ftr my hours in thread might end up being kind of weird, I have an internship and I can only be in thread for a couple hours a day, if you really really really want to live interact with me tell me when you’ll be online and I can try to be free, my job is flexible just time-consuming

/vote Marshal

currently my top suspect, realistically everyone else is going to be like ‘we can’t day 1 Marshal because she’s good at town!!!’ but I’ve decided that it’s super obnoxious when people on MU do that so therefore I’m pushing her anyway >:(

1 Like

leaning towards not really

honestly I thought that one Arctic post where he was like “oh yeah ketsu pushing [idr] for this while not being self aware enough to realize they’re doing it themself is villagery” felt kinda villagery to me just in terms of like

thread awareness

OH RIGHT I remembered another thing I didn’t like about Wendy

this is 1 post but it’s like, completely out of place in the thread context, it’s posted as literally post 47 (21 minutes into the game), no one was remotely close to the postcap

it feels like the sort of posts wolves who don’t know what to say make just to sound “”“pro-town”""

@Chloe @sulit

Ah yes, my biggest struggle, making fake reads as mafia
looool

1 Like

do either of you have questions for me

I want to talk to people but I think all the Euros are sleeping

don’t worry about it, I got distracted

do I need to be worried that your first contentful post is defending yourself

I’ll resume my read posting when I’m not distracted with jackbox

1 Like

frankly arete my ‘pushes’ have been

• GGhana soulread
  • Arctic read, which as i said was played up

my entire rest of game has been spent building villacore
feel like you should see that

It is legitimately a thing you struggle with, as wolf your reads tend to sound more like Things People Think Villagers Think Are Alignment-Indicative rather than the actual things you actually think are alignment-indicative, e.g. with how you treated everyone in RWBY except literally me (not my slot but me in particular)

I also think you would probably not bother to put nearly as much effort into crafting realistic fake reads in this game where most of the players are basically potatoing

actually my first contentful post is shading Marshal

Player Voted by Votes
cabbage Emilia, Aelin 2/8
Arctic Marluxion, Marshal 2/8
Marshal Arete 1/8
Hippolytus Ketsuban 1/8
Emilia Hippolytus 1/8
EliThePsycho Wendy 1/8
Arete EliThePsycho 1/8
Not voting Arctic, cabbage, an_gorta_pratai, Luxy, Wazza 5

Both majority and plurality are in effect. With 14 players alive, it takes 8 to reach majority

an_gorta_pratai replaced Grace
Arete replaced Princess_Daisy

It is not a thing I struggle with, I post what I would as villager altered to fit agenda. Thats how I play, I larp as a villager and use thread information to figure out how to use my agenda. Im v capable of making fake reads, i dont buy that you genuinely think im a wolf that is making easy reads because non meta reads are too hard.

You’re probably mafia because gghana was mafia and your mission seems to be to discredit the ultimate town leader who will lead this village to victory. Not sorry

that was directed at the other tree

i don’t actually have a read on marshal but admitting that makes me feel incompetent so ive been pretending i do

1 Like

in RWBY i had… plently of non-meta reads

so my game consisting a lot of meta shouldnt really trip that alarm and when the entire game is under 75 posts meta is by far the most consistent way to accurately build a villa core day 1 because macro tonal reads are impossible with small sample size and spew reads nonexistent