Minority Rule Hub

Welcome to Minority Rule!

Credit for the original game idea goes to Ddynamo on the Town of Salem Forums.

Gameplay

Minority rule is played in rounds. Each round, the host randomly selects a number of rooms equal to ⅓ of the living players rounded down (never less than two). You must choose one room to enter by sending the host your pick in a private message. When everybody has submitted a room, the players in the room with the most people are eliminated. However, most rooms also have a special effect of some kind, which can act either in your favor or to your detriment. Once there are less than three living players, everybody that is still alive is crowned a winner.

Rules

1. Follow the global forum rules.
  2. Respect the host and their decisions.
  3. Send a room within a timely manner. The host may modkill you if you are holding up the game.
  4. You may communicate privately with other players, but the host must be included in any such conversation.
  5. Have fun.

Rooms

Air - A random picker becomes light.
Betrayal - If this room is tied for the minority, it gains infinite picks and becomes the majority.
Death - Everyone who picks this dies, even if it is not the majority.
Dice - Everyone who picks this is given a random status.
Divide - Everyone who picks this counts as half.
Earth - A random picker becomes heavy.
Evil - All pickers become cursed.
False - This room does nothing, but it takes the name of another random room.
Force - A random person who did pick this will change to a random room in the current pool.
Gravity - A random person who did not pick this will change to this room.
Holy - A random picker becomes a saint. All other pickers become cursed.
Illusion - This room takes the effect of another secret item before the start of the round.
Insanity - A random picker becomes insane.
Life - If nobody picks this, everybody dies.
Luck - If this room is the majority, then one random picker will survive. If this is not the majority, then one random picker will die.
Majority - If this room is the majority, the items with the second most votes will be the majority.
Multiply - Everyone who picks this counts as two.
Mundane - This room literally does nothing.
Murder - One random picker becomes a Serial Killer
Mystery - Everyone who picks this is given a random status. They are not informed which status they received.
Permanency - If picked by anyone, this room will also be in the pool for the next round. Once this room is the majority, it is removed from the pool for all future rounds.
Protection - All pickers are immune to death this round for any reason other than the majority. A random picker becomes a bodyguard.
Purity - Everyone who picks this loses all statuses.
Rejuvinate - Everyone who picks this becomes healthy.
Spite - A random picker will becomes cursed.
Secrecy - All pickers become cultists.
Unity - If all living players pick this, nobody will die due to the majority.
Ritual - All pickers get the soulbound status.
Graveyard - If nobody picks this room, three random dead players are revived.
Duplicate - Takes the effect of the room with the most pickers (at the time this room activates).

Statuses

Bodyguard - Nobody who picks the same room as you can die for any reason other than the majority. If anyone who would die without your intervention is saved, you will die instead.
Cultist - If there are any cultists, then there will be an item that only its members may pick. It will be denoted in [brackets].
Cursed- You will die next round unless your status is removed or your death is prevented. This status is removed afterwards.
Healthy - You cannot die for any reason except for the majority. Once your death is prevented by this status, this status will be removed.
Insane - You must pick the majority or you will die.
Light - You do not count as a picker for the next round. This status is removed afterwards.
Heavy - Your pick counts as two picks for the next round. This status is removed afterwards.
Saint- You are immune to death. Once your death is prevented by this status, this status will be removed.
Serial Killer - A random person who picks the same room as you will die.
Soulbound - If you lose this status you will die.

Games

Minority Rule 1
Hosted by: orangeandblack5
Winner(s): Methnor, gingerbeardgentleman

Minority Rule 2
Hosted by: Sketch
Winner(s): Hippolytus

Minority Rule 3
Hosted by: Methnor
Winner(s): Ashe

Minority Rule 4: Christmas Edition
Hosted by: Hippolytus
Winner(s): NozBugz, Strangle

Minority Rule 5: Valentine’s Edition
Hosted by: Marluxion
Winner(s): 3DT_CheesyKnives, Ashe

Minority Rule 6: Easter Edition
Hosted by: Sam17z
Winner(s): Celeste_Ludenberg and NozBugz

Minority Rule 7
Hosted by: Hippolytus
Winner(s): Strangle

Minority Rule 8
Hosted by: Pug
Winner(s): MaximusPrime and Sam17z

Minority Rule 9
Hosted by: Icibalus
Winner(s): MaximusPrime, Meteoro, and DatBird

Minority Rule 10: Risk Edition
Hosted by: Braixen
Winner(s): Marshal, Nuclear Burrito

Minority Rule Royale
Hosted by: Marluxion
Winner(s): Intensify

7 Likes

Other room: boot camp

Everyone who selects this room becomes a soldier

soldier - if two or more soldiers are in the same room, they will kill everyone in the room with the minority of players

other room: bunker

If at least two people pick this room and it is not the majority, then everyone else will die

Other room: forest (can be other name)

this room cannot have the majority unless EVERYONE living picks it

1 Like

How about: Biased.

One person in this room is chosen by the Mod to be killed.

6 Likes

Ideally this game should remain RNG in my opinion. Keeps it fair.

Bitch I should get some credit :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

oh no, you blood taster.

What would really increase the strategic element of the game is if you did it with a partner, and if your partner wins so do you. It is good atm but at times it feels slightly too simplistic.

Doing it in teams of 2 would increase the amount of mind games there are as you can make a sacrifice but it would also be greatly beneficial to have both of you alive near the end game.

Would just make it more interesting imo.

3 Likes

My suggestion for a new room.

My suggestion for a new room:

Graveyard
If no one selects this room, or it is the minority or tied for minority, all the dead will be resurrected

Ropes is actually a really interesting one.

+1

1 Like

Like actual minority as in least amount of players? Or does it activate if not the majority?

Because if that’s the latter you might as well just restart the game.

Also, if I were to implement that I’d probably mesh it with Ddynamo’s Zombie status somehow. Go read the original games on the ToS forums if you’d like, they had some weird rules and effects at times.

Let me change it I guess

Graveyard
if this room is not the majority, then everyone who does not select this room becomes a zombie. If this room is the majority, then every dead player is resurrected as a zombie (including the people killed this round)

Effect: zombie

For each zombie in a location, one randomly selected non-zombie in the same location becomes a zombie. If a room ever has zombies but no non-zombies, then all the zombies in that location starve to death. Zombism can be healed by the rejuvenate room

That’s not what I meant

The way Zombie status worked was you chose rooms but couldn’t win unless you were ressurected

I didn’t think it sounded fun so I didn’t include it

So please answer my question about your suggestion lol

Alternatively:

Effect: zombie

If a room has more zombies then survivors (non zombies) then all the survivors in that room become zombies. If a room has more survivors then zombies, then all the zombies in that room are slain. If a room only has zombies, then all the zombies in that room starve to death. Zombies have majority in event of tie.

Least amount of picks. If no one selects this room or it has the least amount of picks, it ativates

Okay that sounds ok to me

Personally I’m trying to shy away from more statuses, especially more complex ones.

1 Like

For gravity, you could change it to pull people from the room with the least people? Make it slightly less RNG

also could you find a way to change the majority room? it’s pretty boring

Coming Soon: Minority Rule 4 Christmas Edition

2 Likes