Queue/Submit Discussion Thread

i think in practice they’re still all interchangable

decent example of this in practice (and the only good thing to come from this game that wasnt a meme) would be sfol56 “Cult 2.0” where all of the scum classes had their alignments changed to a ‘Cult 2.0’

and i think all of the town-aligned-but-not-BD classes were also changed to be BD

3 Likes

tbh i think the biggest problem with the GI thread is the massive amount of classes that don’t have a class typing

theres like 20 different “X Italy” classes and probably 10 different "X FUCK"s

…i am guilty of this as well and should probably edit my past cards to compensate

although a few of them have passives that alleviate this

3 Likes

Remember when we had “effort” as a rule for V2, so it doesn’t become a mess like V1 :joy:

yes

I think that’s a huge problem and there’s no ruling as a host for how to interperet this

like mind flayer has effects that use class type but what the fuck do you do with the classtype “italy”

aaa

1 Like

There is only one solution.
We have to tell Xblade that we should introduce the Italy classtype to Tol.
(I doubt that itll work, but I like that idea regardless :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

yeah i just fixed all of my prior classes (most were obvious enough or had a passive that said what they should appear as)

this is actually a thing that should be enforced though

consistent class typing unless there’s a very good reason not to have one (cant think of any but one prob exists)

probably an avoidance of classes like this

if theres at least no modifier to them

like i think this is fine

since it has something else on top of it

granted

these are already all in the OP

just not very much enforced

2 Likes

excuse me
i’ve been calling for better categorisation for months

1 Like

the rules of the GI thread have never required a specific flavor

class 2 is Mafia-flavored

class 87 is town-flavored

there’s not, fundamentally, much of a difference between

Kanye West

Blue Dragon Support

Fingers (Passive) - You are immune to the first attempt on your life.
Thank you Kanye, Very Cool! (Passive) - Your actions cannot be interrupted by occupiers, redirectors, etc. This passive is kept upon class change.

Flame on Twitter (Day) - Remove a player’s immunities for the night because of your mob. - 2 Uses
Delay Album (Day) - Prevent all visits to yourself tonight at the cost of being unable to perform a night action. - 1 Use

Steal Idea (Night) - Become the role of a dead non-unique Blue Dragon. - Infinite Uses

Defeat the scumfactions and any neutrals that seek to do you harm.

and

Kanye West

Town Support

Fingers (Passive) - You are immune to the first attempt on your life.
Thank you Kanye, Very Cool! (Passive) - Your actions cannot be interrupted by occupiers, redirectors, etc. This passive is kept upon class change.

Flame on Twitter (Day) - Remove a player’s immunities for the night because of your mob. - 2 Uses
Delay Album (Day) - Prevent all visits to yourself tonight at the cost of being unable to perform a night action. - 1 Use

Steal Idea (Night) - Become the role of a dead non-unique Town. - Infinite Uses

Defeat the scumfactions and any neutrals that seek to do you harm.

but yes the class types thing is an issue

gi has always required a certain amount of trimming on the host’s part
if there are classes for which class types matter, the host is within their rights to remove funny class types

4 Likes

i hope nobody is under the impression that GI is actually about following the rules absolutely to the letter
a host’s responsibility to hosting GI is to make it approximate something playable

Write down some definitions in the reviewer thread, give the reviewers some time to disagree/rewrite them, and then put it in the OP yourself.
That’s the usual way to go when you notice that the responsible people won’t do it themselves (cuz they rarely do, they still havent even given an updated list of who is reviewer, despite being asked multiple times publically and privatly)

actually
there is
check the staff and volunteers thread

2 Likes

Oh fuck
I haven’t noticed that.
I take everything back
Thx Datbird

the obvious ones:

FoL
SFoL

the fm gang:

vanilla - tested open / semi-open fm setups
standard - can mean a lot of things, but uses standard-ish roles
mishmash - mash but not beeg
mash - beeg mash

things I like:

bastard - explicitly bastard games

what category is margaret’s bastardized trashcan

obviously Italy is just a better Killer

1 Like

alternatively you could go fancy with

The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History

5 Likes

*a better Knight

Those are far from truth.

FoL - Official gamemode on this site. Obvious one.

SFoL - Game which is based on FoL, but with some own modifications. Usually has to have some elements specific to FoL, like class typings etc.

Vanilla - Open or Semi-open setup, only basic roles (which we have noted in other thread).

Standard - Closed setup, mostly consisting of basic roles, some modifications or own ideas allowed.

Special - Games consisting of mix of weird roles and mechanics.

Mash - Pretty much everything above 25 players (this is to make sure 2 big games won’t run at the same time).

2 Likes