goodnight

1 Like

Youre still up

1 Like

they know :eyes:

1 Like

I KNOW YOURE READING THIS AND NOT SLEEPING

:eyes:

Napoleon’s ISO is an absolute dumpster fire. Starts with memes and continues to meander through the thread by fluffposting. Not sure what he wants to achieve, these are not even reaction tests. More like blending in.

Has no read on Marshal. Wolfreads me for not having a read on Marshal.

Yeah.

Jake’s D1 is tunnelvision on Marshal mostly, after giving a wolflean on Katze which isn’t followed up upon in any meaningful way. Jake keeps toying with his push/read of Marshal, unvoting and voting, talking to him, advocating for others to lynch him, et cetera. Closer to EoD, he just plays around, votes for No Lynch and talks about some mostly meaningless stuff such as “providing evidence he’s a wolf.” His interactions with other players are generally rather reserved. Jake doesn’t engage more deeply with anyone, he just kinda talks to people out of necessity – that’s the impression I get from reading his day 1 ISO.

Has been wolfreading Marshal all day basically and played the majority of the day as if he always wanted to lynch Marshal and was just toying with him. Here, he voteparks on Amelia and claims it’s because of Hippo in an attempt to shift the responsibility onto someone I read as a villager. I really don’t like this.

Jake never addresses the read change on Marshal. He just kinda drops the suspicion outside of the thread and changes the direction of his play for no apparent reason. This leap of progression is odd, considering he took his time with Marshal (he wrote circa 20-25 posts about him and interacted with him), but doesn’t take his time with Amelia (just kinda jumps on the wagon “because he can”).

Then he proceeds to screw around at EoD, voting several times for No Lynch and Amelia. Again, no explanation. This feels like a wolf happy about the wagons being on people outside of his buddies. From a villagery perspective, I have no clue what this is supposed to accomplish. The wolfread on Marshal apparently just… disappears. I don’t know whatever Marshal did to warrant the change, but it feels surreal.

SoD 2. This post suggests that Jake is still wolfreading Marshal. And yet he voted outside of the Marshal wagon for no reason. This makes them look like W/W, and the only reason I’m not saying that’s the case is because 1. lolpreflips and 2. Marshal has a decent chance of flipping town. Still, I don’t know what Jake is doing here. For some reason, Jake is afraid of voteparking on Marshal.

Progression leap. Last time he talked about Katze, he had a wolflean. @JakeTheWolfie Thought process, please.

Jake was not interested in that slot whatsoever until this post. I don’t know why, honestly, and it’s not necessarily AI, but it’s something to consider. Distancing vote? A villager who genuinely didn’t think about this wagon?

Other takeaways from the ISO:

• Jake asks a ton of questions, but doesn’t commit to interactions and doesn’t give many thoughts of his own. The ones he does give out are frequently silly.

What even. It feels like he’s trying to confuse the thread and get people to answer questions he is not going to follow up upon. The guy has received plenty of responses to these questions, and yet they don’t seem to have influenced his reads or thought progression.

• The only wagons Jake has voted on are wagons which had already gained traction, and his thought process on these people is really difficult to follow. It’s like he doesn’t really care about the answers he receives, which is wolfy.

• Jake generally ignores wolfreads on him, and the only thing close to a defense he posted was a short message about always being wolfread. I’m not sure what this means, actually, just a takeaway.

• Jake brought up the possibility of the nightkill on Luxy meaning something.

The problem is that his thoughts about it don’t lead anywhere. He offers two possibilities without leaning either way or trying to explore them. Just like much of the rest of his play (asking a lot of questions, not committing to interactions), it feels like he is trying to appear as someone who is doing something. Except he is actually not doing much, and it is all a bunch of pretending.

Conclusion: I think Jake is probably a wolf. Can we get a wagon?

/vote JakeTheWolfie

I neglected to mention that Jake’s progression on Marshal seems invisible. First he talks about Marshal as if he has no read, and sometime between that and his further mentions of Marshal, it suddenly shifts to a wolfread and he votes there. Then it shifts to something else again because he votes Amelia instead for no apparent reason.

This is not a villager’s progression to me. There’s no thought process, just senseless screwing around and voteparking on random people who may or may not be villagers. I feel like a slot like his – a wolfread slot – should be trying to do something. But Jake’s ISO made me believe he is just pretending to contribute.

And that’s wolfy.

Vote Count

Votee Voted by Votes
Arete Emilia 1
katze Derps, Possessed 2
Vulgard PoisonedSquid, Marshal 2
Emilia eevee 1
N.2 Solic, Arete, Icibalus 3
JakeTheWolfie Vulgard 1

The no-lynch is especially baffling. Jake is a DerpsLite type player, though…its hard to determine intent. Id be more surprised if he was contributing reads and trying not to act scummy.

“I kinda agree, but…”

Considering I wolfread you as well, your hesitation to agree or disagree with me about Jake is not a good look from my point of view. If you do agree, why not just vote there? If you disagree, why not just say it?

If you’re a wolf, you’re trying to be careful and it’s backfiring. :upside_down_face:

I think I’m done making my case for now. Time to wait for villagers to get online. I’m pretty confident about this one.

Jake is LHF territory and for a different reason than you, a Wildcard. Its a wagon that id like to see develop before making judgements, not actually jumping on it.

Do you feel Jake is the likeliest scum on Amelia wagon? There has to be scum on there.

I think Jakes alignment heavily ties in with Marshals alignment. Jake was the vote that brought it from Marshal hung to a tie. Since Marshal dies today, we should have our answer.

If Marshal is a wolf (and yes, I do think this is still possible), Jake’s behavior around the wagons is unbelievably wolfy. It still looks bad if Marshal is a villager, but not as bad.

I haven’t quite analyzed all of the Amelia voters yet, even though I despite that wagon for what it was. Amelia was a trapped and possibly scared villager. The votes there were being cast too easily in great amounts, and I even pointed it out in the thread. I wasn’t around to stop it during last EoD, but I hope to influence this EoD at least.

I don’t really like this worldbuilding. Why can’t Jake be a wolf if Marshal is a villager?

I meant more or less as a scum team. Bringing the vote to a tie from Jakes perspective could mean that he didn’t care who was lynched, a la scum. I think the vote is bad, but its hard to determine the intent of the vote without flips.

I still feel the wagon goes awry on the Katze vote, and I think the likeliest possibility was the attempt to push the wagon overboard to drown the N.1 wagon.

Jake can absolutely be a wolf with Marshal as villager. It would explain his screwing around at EoD – wagons were V/V and it was “whatever” from his perspective.

If Marshal is a wolf, it means that Jake was wolfreading his buddy all day only to votepark elsewhere – distancing. From the PoV of a villager, it means that Jake… I don’t know what it means if he’s a villager. There is no reason to randomly drop your read and vote Amelia. Jake didn’t even have a read on Amelia. He just randomly voted there and kept voting there. This is not villagery behavior. You vote your wolfread, not a random null, and if you changed your mind, you’d better post it there. It’s helpful.

If Marshal is a villager, it still shows that Jake does not care about his reads and has an invisible thought process. Both are wolfy regardless of how you slice it. Jake and Marshal don’t have to be W/W for Jake to be a wolf.

To sum up: the screwing around at EoD is bad regardless of wagons. If wagons were V/V, it means Jake had no reason to care and therefore was screwing around. If he was a villager who cared, he would probably be voting Marshal, his wolfread, over Amelia, his null. Right? Clearly his read on Marshal never changed, judging by his SoD2. And yet, he did not vote Marshal.

If wagons were V/W, it means Jake randomly voted the counterwagon to his partner, which… yeah, that one is pretty self-explanatory.

I’m not going to evaluate Marshal’s side of Jake interactions until Marshal flips, because I don’t want to preflip anything. Regardless, I don’t think Jake has been playing like a villager, more like a performative wolf. His votes, noncommittal behavior, derailing the thread and asking dozens of questions with an invisible thought process (don’t you ask people questions to trigger a thought process??) all point to him being a wolf and not a villager. If he’s a villager, he’s not just against contributing to the game, he’s actively hindering his faction by messing around with no purpose. Not voting his wolfreads, not committing to anything, not trying to find the wolves. Just voting random people and nullreads with no explanation, and keeping his thought process hidden for no reason.

In Clash of Cults, where Jake was a villager (and where I mislynched him), Jake’s point of view was clearly different. He actively made an effort to read people and committed to interactions much more, he wrote ISOs and voted his wolfreads. None of that is present in this game. Read his Clash of Cults ISO (it’s not very long) if you don’t believe me.

This is a bit world-build-y. Why does Jake have to be bussing here? Do you feel bussing is the optimal play?

You’re absolutely right. To be quite honest, I think these sorts of plays need to be curbed with policy lynches. Players like Jake and Derps get away with them because they are considered NAI for those two but for anyone else its common wolf behavior. Id lynch him off that alone.

If Marshal flips villager, it looks considerably worse for Jake because it could indicate that Jake just didn’t care which wagon flipped…as long as one flipped. Its weird though, like…why wouldn’t he just stay off the two major wagons if Marshal flips town? It seems like a bad scumplay if Jake flips scum.

Who is normally pretty good at reading Jake, Arete? I feel like maybe @Arete can help us out here.