SFoL 64 - Informed Spectator Chat

Why is not being 100% confident in your reads wolfy? I’m just confused on that

Like why is only focusing on the wolfy things someone has done while ignoring the townie things a good thing to do (or vice versa if you’re townreading them)

You’ve got the concept people present of being hedgy mixed up

Basically
being hedgy is to go halfway when giving a take

“Player x is towny/scummy, but blah blah blah”

When you’re making a take, hedging gives off the impression that you don’t actually believe in it
Which is scummy because wolves know if their reads are fake or not, and are self conscious about things

Not being completely confident is usually when players present their perspective on a slot, but don’t try to make a declaration about it

“This post is wolfy”

This is something you believe in, but it doesn’t tell the whole tale

“This slot is trending down”
“I think this slot has an approach that’s not necessarily genuine”

Hedging is trying to sell something then take it back but still selling it

to explain it a different way I would distinguish between ‘not being sure about someone’ and ‘trying to avoid saying anything sure about someone’

like it’s normal to not be 100 percent confident in your reads but that still usually involves saying more than e.g. this:

how is this not just weighing the positives and negatives of what nerbin’s posting was like?

not trying to just play devil’s advocate for the sake of it, but that post seems perfectly reasonable to me. they state what nerbins did and why it might be suspicious, but also acredits reasons why nerbins might do it as town

It’s empty
The post is made to look pleasing, but it does nothing but try to show their logic on why they don’t have a conclusion on their alignment

Just make spec chat private.

I wouldn’t want to make spec chat private for the sole purpose of putitng on my tinfoil hat and giving a conspiracy theory about alice controlling 2 different alternative accounts when I like don’t think it’s likely at all to be her anymore

i miss the old thomas

knock knock

who’s there

bitch

bitch who

bitchpoleon

btw specs are authorized to do VCs

I’m not saying ‘hey specs, go do VCs’ but if you want to you can

but that spews X player as not in game

1 Like

oh fuck

I didn’t think of that