Virtuous Setup Balance Talk

Sure. I don’t mind.

Nah, I’m back.

2 Likes

will you ever play more games on MU
i probs would consider playing more stuff there but only if it was stuff you were in

Eh, maybe.

That’s kinda cute.
Anyway.

Yeah, “kit clashing with it.” Which is why I’d probably go with your suggestion. Replace Mist Form with a 2-Shot ability that says “Tonight, your Vampiric Bite will heal you if successful.”

I’m trying to think of something in the last game that posed a problem setup-wise.

I think the cooldown on Haemophilia is fine. I don’t know why only one bleed is allowed. If you are using a bleed, you can’t use Haemophilia, meaning you have to alternate. I don’t think it’d be a bad thing to add another bleed.

It also allows you to claim Poacher more easily, like EVO tried to do.

This effect is super strong. I don’t think removing the cooldown from Haemophilia is a good thing.

Somebody suggested removing Haemophilia’s cooldown and I would strongly advise against it. Imagine a Demon with no cooldown on that thing. They can just attack random people and almost always succeed. If you want to buff it so desperately, make the Haemophilia attack unhealable on the main target. I think that’d be reasonable. Allows you to kill self-healing classes every other night as long as you have uses.

Good idea

2 bleeds + unhealable on the main target. Right now, it’s kinda weird that a night immune class can die to it, but a self-healing class can’t.

1 Like

Also gives some advantage to the Demon. Demon should have an advantage over other Neutral Killers in some area. It’s a rather inflexible class, and making it more flexible would kinda defeat the spirit of the class. My suggestions are more in line with “hard-to-stop KP.” The new form of Haemophilia, alongside two bleeds, should help push that angle.

I’m also considering another night ability. Maybe a PGO that hits all visitors? Could be some good defense against investigatives.

Hellscape (Night) – Place fire traps all over your lair. All players who visit you tonight will be killed by engulfing flames. (3 uses)

Could be something as simple as that. Three uses because you typically want to be attacking other people instead of staying home, but could be super useful if you anticipate an investigation headed your way.

I know, Demon almost won and I’m buffing it, but the truth is that the Demon killed only one player in that game by nightkill, and another one via bleed. Over 4 cycles, that doesn’t seem like much.

The PGO might be too much, honestly. I’m just throwing out suggestions.

Demon games are quite obvious and logs will just out you if you use this.

Not sure about that. There’s no distinction between “getting attacked from an outside source” and “getting attacked by the player you’re visiting” when it comes to the results you receive. It just says that you died.

But like I said, the PGO might not even be necessary, really. I do think my minor buffs should take effect, though. It’s mostly quality-of-life.

Thinking this should be able to find the Arbiter/Visionary. Marshal, as a guaranteed PR, should probably have some advantage over other investigatives. Being able to find the wolf converter with this ability seems like a good idea. It’s already encouraged to use it first because it’s essentially the same thing as the regular cop, except it tells you the exact wolf class you’re investigating. Meaning, you lose no utility and gain some. Might as well make it possible to find the wolf converter using this, right?

One problem I see with this is the ability to generate massive swing. If you find Arbiter night 1, for example, it’s most likely a big issue for the wolves. But that’s why it’s up for debate.

Quality of life change – I think the wording here is weird. Maybe it should say this?

Expert Investigation (Night) - Learn if a player is a member of the Blue Dragon or the Hand of Byzantium. - Infinite uses

I think it’s easier to understand that way, while retaining the same functionality. The idea is that you can’t find a neutral with this, but you can find groupscum. I don’t think this rewording changes the meaning.

Should absolutely see Visionary/Arbiter visits, no question. I thought it already could, to be honest. Same with Peerless Confidant, which is essentially the same thing but on two players.

If my proposed change to Case Closed is accepted, this should be reworded.

Tireless (Passive) - If you do not perform an action at night, you will learn if any of your previous uses of Expert Investigation showed incorrect results and which ones were incorrect.

The only reason it included Case Closed beforehand was that Case Closed couldn’t find the Visionary/Arbiter. I think that’s how it was.

More stuff.

Just a thought, but maybe we could extend this to two messages? Or three? This is the Exiled, by the way. Especially Letter with no Sender feels underpowered if you can only use it once per day.

The night after using Piety. I think that was the intended effect, but the wording is kinda weird.

I don’t like how confirmable this is at the moment. Should probably be reworked. Illusionist is not a Prestige class and should not be able to prove itself with trivial ease like this.

Everyone else. With the current wording, you are also preventing yourself, which prevents you from preventing others… endless cycle.

Does this include conversion? Should probably be rewritten.

Dark Rune (Night) – Protect a player from negative effects. They include occupation, redirection, and conversion. (Bleeding? Bounty? Being easier to lynch? (Judge, Archduke) What about that stuff?)

Isn’t the current delay in ToL one night, not two? Meaning, it should kill in the same cycle? I wonder if it should be like this here too. Also, does the King get notified? It should probably be included in the description.

I’ll try to figure something out for the Illusionist tomorrow. The easier thing to do is to buff it and make it a Prestige class, but that increases the percentage of Prestige classes within the rand and might be kinda bad. The more difficult thing to do is to make it difficult to confirm despite being a social class, which generally have an easier time confirming themselves.

You could consider only making this ability available N2 or N3.

“Usable N3 onwards?” Or “N2 onwards?” Thinking N3 might be too late if the game has lots of wolf KP, for instance.

1 Like