[Winter Event] JoaTJoaTJoaT13 - Mafia wins!

and everyone needs to stop thinking that PKR and derps aren’t W/W

like if PKR is going to did then he will at least try to gain towncred by bussing

either way they lose a wolf, but at least that way the one that lives looks much better

/vote PKR

/vote pkr

Dammit maple

But I built a whole case on Maple. I don’t think it’s PKR

Why don’t we just vote Derps, anyway? Isn’t that a more certain hit? Incoming wallpost btw, I agree with Light.

As I said, I’m happy to vote Derps today because Shurian flipped town.

And I suspect I was right when I said toward the start of the game that I’d normally expect 1 active wolf and 2 inactive wolves. Should’ve continued to pursue that theory but my stubborn head was stuck up the tunnel of inactive scum.

Some of you already suspected Maple this entire time, but I let myself get pocketed by them, and I think the other JoaTs did as well. All they had to do was pocket the most active players in the game, more or less agree with their readlists, and hammer for the lolz and say they’d do it regardless of alignment. They got by with it because we locktowned them, and our daily PoEs have more or less been missing a scum for a while now. As Maple said, they’d be smarter than this as scum and they wouldn’t attack Eevee twice and succeed only once. But that’s also a very good reason to make us townread them. I believe when Maple claimed JoaT they might have been telling the truth as a mafia JoaT. They never would’ve been jailkept and they also never would’ve been healed, as an obvious non-town-JoaT but as part of the towncore, and they would also have an excuse for not being targeted because they’re not a town JoaT and everyone knew that. Copping and framing became redundant since the real JoaTs were obvious, and Maple knew better than to kill between them because they could pretend they thought the scum was stupid, when in reality it was a 2000 IQ move to kill Eevee while he still townread them. Kill the one person who might catch on and let the tunnelling newbies live? Good plan, but not good enough.

Maple has been doing things this entire game that passed as “too scummy to be scum” and we’ve let them get away with it. It’s embarrassing. They’ve coasted off Arctic’s and my insisting that the scum is making idiotic plays and not paying attention to the claims, so that reasoning was utter bullshit and enabled scum to play under the radar because no matter who was yeeted, they’d always have a scum still in the game. If we keep Maple in locktown, I’m pretty sure we’d yeet in the order of Derps, PKR, and by then we’d possibly lose because there would only be 3 left, including a locktown wolf. Maple is trying to autoresolve the game with a towncore so that we think they’re presenting a readlist that isn’t complete crap, but that’s what it is. And they’ve been setting up the entire game for an ML on Shurian by calling their posts bullshit, which I guess I should have considered.

I really should’ve posted my wallpost after Illwei’s flip because I was going to call out Maple for “getting away with murder” as part of the town core and saying that everything they did was NAI (because they obviously play their town and scum games identically to survive and thrive as scum, as Arctic pointed out). I was going to question whether Maple really was town, but as we’ve seen, people have questioned them enough to be sus but not enough for a majority vote on them, and Maple hammers every day regardless of alignment. (Maple would probably also hammer Derps and say “boom bye town” if I had to guess). But I never posted that wall because I didn’t think it was worth anything, since you guys placed some frustrated reaction votes on Maple and then removed them. I figured I was wrong to be suspicious of Maple, especially because Maple said Shurian’s posts were bullshit.

The other thing is that I could see Maple as being scum buddies with pretty much anyone (which I think I said on D1 or D2), so literally the only thing clearing them was their “too scummy to be scum” actions. I think I mentioned this earlier, and that was a fallacy that I fell into believing along with others.

Additionally, with such an active wolf in the game, it would reduce the amount of thread presence Derps would have to have. For lurking, mostly inactive scum, Maple would be the perfect cover. Min and Eli are proven town JoaTs by their abilities and I have no reason to question them. Arctic is still town however I look at it. Light and Intensify are towny enough that I’d only want to vote them out as a last resort, and I apologize for using that logic to say that I’d vote Light along with Derps for lack of scumreads. Light is still town here.

Eevee died partly to throw us off Maple’s trail, and partly because he would likely have figured it out by now (and probably thinks we’re dumb at this point for yeeting Shurian). He never scumread Maple, but he also never scumread PKR. All he said was that PKR was irrelevant to Maple’s vote to move Marl into the kill zone on D1. I don’t think we need to pay any attention to what Marl said about voting out PKR, and I don’t think it’s worth paying heed to what Marl said about Eevee/Maple, either, for that matter. It was all just random bullshit and there was no real logic to it because he flipped scum.

I’m placing my vote on Derps now so we can clear PKR for good, but i want you all to consider Maple as Derps’s potential scummate and then decide for yourselves (and not just off my tunnelling habits) if Maple is worth a vote. It’s not even worth ISOing Maple because I know exactly what their posts look like - a lot of fluff and memeing, two days of hammering, and one day of jumpy voting. I will not vote PKR today, and in fact I won’t vote him at all if Derps flips scum.

So for those of you who still had/have Maple in your scumreads, I apologize for dismissing it and I hereby switch my read on Maple from locktown to being within my PoE as the most likely partner to Derps. Sorry, Eevee. I’m fairly sure the scum team has to be exactly Derps and Maple now.

We’ve had a number of town who had very sketchy looking readlists and it worked in scum’s favor. Let’s put an end to it.

/vote Derps

Btw if either or the JoaTs took a night action that could have prevented a kill, now would be the time to say so. You don’t have to say whom you protected. I’d just like to make sure it’s not just a game mechanic that the mafia can only kill on even-numbered nights.

wind i don’t think you’re considering the possibility of PKR bussing

he knew derps was not going to live very much longer so he might as well get the towncred and get him out now

also because they missed another kill we still have 3 chances to get a wolf so that’s good

If min healed eevee N1 and Eli jailkept N2, there’s no reason for wolves to miss a kill unless they actually can only kill every other night (so eevee was only targeted once and it worked to cover the wolves as being “stupid enough to miss a kill”)

Either that or nobody was jailkept N2 and min was covering for Eli.

I did consider PKR bussing Derps, but I want people to consider that the reason we can’t find Derps’ scum buddy is because the scum buddy has been sitting in our locktown reads, under the radar.

At any rate I’m keeping my vote on Derps today unless one of the others incriminates themselves enough for me to change my mind. Derps is a more certain vote, right? So get him first so we have more time to think on the last scum.

i mean obviously there must have been some action that stopped a kill since the kill is mandatory, so they can’t just play it off as being dumb anymore

So I take it nobody investigated PKR last night? Because nobody said he’s clear.

Also, if PKR were scum, imo he wouldn’t bus because it makes more sense to let the less obvious scum live, doesn’t it? And why bus Derps if we were going after Shurian first, who flipped town? PKR wasn’t really about to get yeeted yesterday, so he could’ve let us vote out Shurian and then sacrifice himself today if that were the case, instead of pointing fingers at Derps.

Unless Derps is actually town, and then it would point to scum being PKR and probably Maple anyway.

We don’t have anything to lose yet by MLing today, but I’d like to get at least one scum out between today and tomorrow to stay on track.

he cannot allow derps to be the last scum alive because he is going to be a policy kill due to inactivity

because now we’re going to kill SDA/PKR and the one that lives will get towncred, which is exactly what you’re falling for

i don’t think you’re looking at this very objectively to assume that PKR and SDA can’t be w/w, and i’ve been saying this all game that your tone seems very off

it doesn’t really matter right now anyway

I think you’re failing to consider that the towncore is incorrect. Remember that Maple likely plays the same regardless of whether they’re scum or town.

Of course i considered that PKR could bus, but I’m not placing a vote on him till Derps is out, and I’m not placing a vote on him until both JoaTs say that they were unable to confirm him as town.

/vote wind

It does matter. The rest of you have split your votes between maple and PKR and none of you have voted Derps. Get obvscum out first.