[FM] Ritual Mafia IV -- Day 4 (7/16) -- Heretics and Traitor Win!

You donā€™t even understand who the fuck youā€™re dealing with. I have advanced degrees in statistics and computer science and Iā€™ve created a simple program with an advanced algorithm that Iā€™ve been working on for years. I have read and tracked over 600 forum mafia games, recording every fencesit, every association, every scumtell. I have over 50 documented, specific forms and versions of scumtells and towntells, and at this point I can just skim a thread and put it into my machine. I have reduced the cacophonous lies of forum mafia into a pure, beautiful mathematical formula, and itā€™s led me to literal hundreds of wins.
Why do I think youā€™re scum? I donā€™t deign to think about you myself. Instead, I thought about how to create a program to know mathematically whether you are scum. I donā€™t need to think about you, because my algorithm has determined that you are scum to an 87% certainty. You cannot beat those numbers at this stage in the game. Weā€™re talking about a mere 13% chance that you are a town member so monumentally bad at this game that you fooled a computer program that has successfully identified over 500 unique mafia players as scum with over 96% accuracy. Your only defense, in other words, is that you are so naturally scummy that youā€™re an outlier.
Whether youā€™re town or mafia, this is a message from mathematics ā€“ you are bad at this game. You have played so scummy that a perfectly objective process has labeled you as scum. Whether that makes you bad at playing your specific rolecard or bad in general, there is no question that behaving like scum means you have not performed well. Consider this a welcome wakeup call, as hundreds have before you: If a player decides youā€™re scum, itā€™s possible you just got unlucky, but if a computer program can be that certain of your alignment, there are some serious holes in your game, because it means youā€™re scum in an objective sense, rather than a subjective one. For that reason, Iā€™m willing to roll that die and take that 13% risk, because even if thereā€™s a small chance you might be town, thereā€™s not even a remote chance that youā€™re good.

3 Likes

nappy claimed town idk why heā€™d do that as scum

shit
you caught me

i think ur better when u donā€™t try

why arenā€™t you FPSing like a gamer

i was gonna but then arete started being wolfy

1 Like

I have an idea but itā€™s a really really dumb idea so probably we shouldnā€™t do it

FPSing is fun regardless;

look, ill try

im actually the lost wolf pushing arete because i townread them :slight_smile:

In all seriousness just very tonally different then the limited sample size Iā€™ve seen of town Arete. That and townleaning you for pushing them which is bad but idk how AI that is for Arete.

I should shitpost this often itā€™s actually fun

/vote katze

scum claim D:

1 Like

Have you seen wolf Arete?

I have :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™ve read past games with wolf Arete never played with wolf Arete afaik though.

oh no, my plans have been FOILED

imagine not pushing your scumreads because you think theyā€™re a lost cause
but then it turns out that they were actually town doing really weird FPSes

Guys I should have came into this thread without looking at my card.

That would have been awesome

Can you give more specifics why Areteā€™s tone is off?

The OP of this thread has been wikified so that my co-host, @astand, may edit it as well when pertinent.

No one else should ever edit the OP or Title of this thread. That is all.

4 Likes

Ok im done memeing

so does that mean youā€™re going to tell me why you voted me

Alice are you pocketing me