[Game Thread] Meowntainado (4/14) - Day 5 - Mafia Wins!

anyways
i will sheep luxy on arete tommorow
plus i scumleaned the precious slot holder, so

i’ve read most of your cabbage case and it’s pretty good, but this point in particular concerns me

i notice that most of the people on this site tunneling 1-2 slots end up being town, which suggestst that mafia would be more self-aware about their game approach and would feel a greater need to appear as though they are solving the whole game – which cabbage doesn’t really have

this means that a lot of the things you’re believing to be agenda could just as easily be that of a deathtunneled villager

i don’t think this really discredits your entire argument, though despite how robotic their posting may feel, their takes actually make some semblance of sense (like their emilia case) unlike gorta who i think is probably more likely to flip wolf

what other contributions? i agree with this take like entirely, and i don’t think enough attention has been paid to the slot

my approach with responding to the arete case means i agree with most of it unless i’ve mentioned something in this post

is this AI
why did you mention this without commenting on what it meant

i kind of disagree because as someone who is in a similar position to arete in that the majority of gorta’s case against them relies on preflipping cabbage wolf (which is also something that you’ve done a lot in this case, although i understand yours was meant to be more of a gamesolve) i agree with like, pretty much everything they’ve said in this string of posts

yeah, the marshal nightkill implicates cabbage and arete which means if they were wolves then it would explain why marshal was nightkilled despite being fairly suspected

Wazza Case, and a Lesson in How To Format Cases That People Might Actually Read

hi its everyone’s favorite glitch pokemon here to explain why wazza is a wolf in a way that wont just get immediately glossed over for being a mess of long quotes

let’s start off with

This interaction with Marshal

This interaction comes off as fake because of how she approaches it. She doesn’t question marshal’s towncore in the slightest or the motivation behind marshal creating such a towncore. This isn’t due to an established townread on Marshal either, she hadn’t created any reads by this point.

Moving on to the next point:

Interaction with my d1 readslist

The fact that she enters talking about not liking my readslist than points out reads to question on its own is fine, but the fact that it was done in separate posts as well as the line about devil’s advocate in the second post seems like the questioning was an afterthought - if she didn’t like the readslist, why did she have to point out that she didn’t disagree with it?

I also want to point this quote out:

This is a provided reason as to why Marshal was killed N1. Wolves wanted the thread to be easy to control, and Marshal was in the way of that due to her activity. I also think Arete is town because of this - if the wolf plan was to kill Marshal N1 and profit off of a threadstate with low activity, it’s an unnecessarily risky play to come out of the gate going after Marshal during the day.

Moving on

Further discussion of Marshal and Arete

There’s no provided reasoning on Marshal being town at any point. She doesn’t have a reason to shut down Arete’s push on Marshal despite the fact that she thinks Arete is town and a strong player.

Discussion of EoD wagons

There’s no conclusion taken here. Wazza never placed an EoD vote. There’s very little discussion of cabbage at all, which makes me believe they could possibly be w/w. She says she thinks Aelin is town, but doesn’t bother substantiating the read in the slightest and seems to actively not care.

Conclusion

Wazza’s D1 is incredibly thin of reads, making unsubstantiated defenses at arbitrary points, and questioning that never goes anywhere, as well as possibly TMIing the reas for the night 1 kill.

This slot is a wolf.

2 Likes

i don’t understand how the first part of this leads you to arete being town but i may be stupid

something about wazza that was weirding me out is the way they defended marshal day 1 for “keeping thread alive” as you pointed out which couId be TMI, but also i think this makes wazza more likely to be a wolf for another reason

the marshal nightkill could implicate wazza because i’m pretty sure the main reason she died was because she was organising the game and wolves wanted more thread control – wazza’s explicit awareness of this fact means it’s likely she chose the nightkill, because she believes marshal was not only controlling the game but also being townread for it, whereas most others would know the latter wasn’t the case

Very cool case which does lean me in a direction although I still have people I scumread more (Cabbage). I’d say Wazza is a good slot to be shot at tomorrow.

this is basically what i said ye - i think this leads to arete being town because if they want thread control by killing marshal n1, it’s too much of a risk to take a shot at getting it by pushing marshal during the day

1 Like

@an_gorta_pratai your move

1 Like

Player Voted by Votes
cabbage Wendy, an_gorta_pratai, Luxy, Emilia, Marluxion 5/7
an_gorta_pratai cabbage, Arctic, Arete 3/7
Wazza Ketsuban 1/7
Arctic Hippolytus 1/7
Arete Wazza 1/7
Not voting EliThePsycho 1

Both majority and plurality are in effect. With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to reach majority

/vote gortA

Cabbages defense is actually p good imo

It’s very clearly a joke because making towncores on D1 don’t matter, so I’m just saying to be put in it. The fact you’re taking it not as a joke is a bit odd.

No, that was me avoiding stating my thoughts so I wouldn’t die at night. I had nothing to contribute at the time, and would rather have time to contribute later on. I didn’t expect to die, but take every single precaution you can. If I stated “yes I definitely think this”, I’m throwing myself into scenarios for no reason. Plus, there were some things I agreed with and others that I just wanted to hear your justification on. Is that wrong?

Okay, and what was the point of bringing this up if you gave no thoughts on it?

Your point being? I stated I wasn’t going to contribute during D1 and only posted to make sure I reached the post minimum.

I don’t care about alts, I’ve made this quite clear before in the past, it’s why I only recently commented on Wendy.

Yeah no.

Your entire read here is horribly thinlined if you want to talk about that, you grabbed things in the perspective of me being wolf and tried to heavily justify it with shitty lines and pulled on straws takes. Think over it again, I ain’t going to even bother with you until you do.

what

what
why

In what way did you find my defense good? (Mostly asking to convince others…)

For a question that will actually help me, why do you find Gorta scummy?

good thing it’s not you that i’m trying to convince

1 Like

Any issue with not wanting to die before I can actually do stuff?

Because I fucking hate them, that’s why.

Good thing you can’t read properly then, ay?

No
we are not leaving this wagon.

Omfg.

you said that you weren’t making stuff so you didn’t die, but if you’re a villager you would only get killed if you were actually making content

so the argument that you are deliberately not playing the game to not get nightkilled is incredibly weird

you can’t just go the whole game ignoring alts even if you hate them
it’s not possible to solve a game like this while you’re ignoring 3-4 slots