[Misc] Forum Battle Royale - Signups (10/10)

Forum Battle Royale

Battle royale on a tiled map with simultaneous turns. Each player controls a single character and competes for survival against many opponents. All players chat together in the main thread and players on the same tile share a private thread where they can taunt each other or make deals. Every 24 hours, players submit actions for attacks and moves, then turns are processed at the same time. Remember that in the end, there can be only one victor!

Map

The full map will be posted to the main thread each turn.

On turn 1, players will be dropped in random locations across the map. Some players may start on the same tile.

On turn 4 and every 4 turns after, player locations will be shown as the number of players on each tile. Additionally, the map will be reduced in size due to a harmful force field placed on outer tiles.

Rounds

When the round starts, the player will know the items, weapons, and other players on their current tile. Each round will have 2 main phases: Discussion Phase and Action Phase. A round lasts 24 hours, though actions need to be submitted an hour before deadline to allow time for processing.

Discussion Phase

During the Discussion Phase, all players may talk via global intercom using the main thread. If players are on the same tile, they will also share a private thread together. The players may taunt each other or make deals. However, nothing is binding. A player agreeing to a truce may still attack the other player during the Action Phase.

Action Phase

For the Action Phase, there is a round of 8 turns with 1 action each turn. For each turn, the players will be randomly sorted for processing order. The player submits 8 actions along with what they are keeping in their 8 inventory slots and which weapon is equipped.

Actions

For each action, the player may choose among the following available actions.

Attack: Attack a random player within range with the equipped weapon.

Attack [player name]: Attack the specified player with the equipped weapon. If the player is not within range, then no action is taken.

Equip [weapon name]: Equip the specified weapon from inventory. If the weapon is not available, then no action is taken.

Loot: Loot a random item or weapon from current tile. An empty inventory slot is required.

Loot [item/weapon name]: Loot the specified item or weapon from current tile. If the item or weapon is not available, then no action is taken. An empty inventory slot is required.

Loot Item: Loot a random item from current tile. An empty inventory slot is required.

Loot Weapon: Loot a random weapon from current tile. An empty inventory slot is required.

Move [direction]: Move in the specified direction (N, S, E, or W). If movement is not allowed in that direction, then no action is taken.

Use [item name]: Use the specified item from inventory. If the item is not available, then no action is taken.

Inventory

The player has 8 available inventory slots. The equipped weapon also takes up a slot. To loot an item or weapon, an empty slot is required. Each round, the player specifies what they are keeping in their inventory and which weapon is currently equipped. Anything else is dropped on their current tile.

Attacks

Attacks are done with an equipped weapon. A random roll is used to determine if the weapon hits based on its accuracy. If the hit is successful, the weapon damage reduces the health of the target player.

Health

Each player starts with 10 hitpoints (HPs). They lose HPs from attacks and recover HPs through certain items. If a player reaches 0 HPs, they die and are eliminated from the game. A death message will be posted to the main thread indicating who killed them and what weapon was used.

Example:

Player A killed Player B with a machete!

Player C killed Player D with a handgun!

Truces

A player may establish a truce with one other player. They will not attack this player as a random target. However, the other player can still attack them as a random target if they did not establish a reciprocal truce. A player may still attack players they have a truce with by doing an attack and specifying the playerā€™s name.

Truces are submitted privately to the host, so the other player will not know if you actually followed through with establishing a truce. Truces should be submitted each turn to make it clear that it is still in effect.

Additional Info

These rules and other additional info like weapon stats can be found on my website Forum Battle Royale.

Players

To join this game, please post with either /join or /in. Signups will remain open for at least 24 hours. I want at least 10 players before starting, but can go up to 20 players.

1. Intensify
  2. Boss110
  3. Marluxion
  4. Wazza
  5. BlueStorm
  6. EliThePsycho
  7. Nerbins
  8. Zone_Q11
  9. Aelin
  10. Leafia
3 Likes

/in

Gaming

1 Like

/Join

Will you achieve victory by summoning Heart of the Fluft?

2 Likes

Yes. I will win this battle royale with the power of floof and orangs

1 Like

/in

1 Like

/in

interesting
not read op
but interesting

1 Like

/in

im never reading the op

be warned

1 Like

Haha, thatā€™s fine. :slight_smile: Things should be fairly easy to pick up once the game starts. The basic thing to know is that youā€™ll need to look at your location on the map and then submit 8 actions each round. Actions include Attack, Equip, Loot, Move, and Use.

1 Like

ā€¦but we already had Forum Battle Royale

rubs eyes

Lol ok sure

/in

1 Like

I hope whoever Iā€™m next to knows I will only be saying ā€œgamer momentā€ to them in chats

1 Like

/join

1 Like

/in

1 Like

I plan to form the anti-weapon alliance

no weapons

Are half-weapons allowed

Ehā€¦ /In

Iā€™ve only skimmed the OP, might out later.

1 Like

Actually I canā€™t, rip, sorry. /out

1 Like

Also if I accidentally spawn in the same location as someone at the start of the game can we have a mutual agreement to not kill each other

1 Like

youā€™ll spawn with me guranteed
weā€™ll rope eacother in somehow
/in

1 Like

ā€¦ huh. Maybe. Ping me if this doesnā€™t fill in a few days.

2 Likes