Rwby fm - wolves win! at least it wasnt a ******* scumstomp

They’re pulling from 451 here

Not the worst reason to host a game

3 Likes

I think the biggest problem you had this game is that once you came to the conclusion that someone was an {alignment} (usually a wolf), you basically just interpreted all their posts as scummy and only really looked for how what they were doing made sense from specifically a wolf perspective, even if it also made sense from a village perspective (this can be seen pretty clearly in your treatment of me + Blizer). I think it would help your play to reevaluate more and try to avoid confirmation bias – you have a solid logical foundation, but that foundation sometimes leads you into tunnels.

I also think it might be beneficial to try and work more with people you think are villagers/listen to the people you townread more. This one is trickier because even if you’re right that they’re a villager they can still be wrong, but sometimes they’ll have insights that you didn’t think of.

2 Likes

ngl I thought you were just conceding when I read it

and then no one mentioned it

actually I take it back you totally did this

If we die inside, we die inside together.

the closest i got to arete being town was realizing that their case on you was, while incorrect, very blatantly not carried out in bad faith

they also clearly had no plan to ML people on later days and there was no evidence they were trying to set anything like that up

i scumread them because i found lol wolfy and none of their posts while i was alive made me think they were a villager

after being wrong on a lot of things, i still knew vulgard was a villager and so i was sheeping him
i’d like to think that classes as
listening to people that i townread

1 Like

I think your process this game was overall pretty good but your results were obviously less so – they included a mix of reads that were very right and reads that were very wrong. Something that might be helpful would be working on evaluating the strength of your reasons, and changing your mind on reads where your reasoning is weaker and not where your reasoning was stronger? One thing that could help with that would be paying attention to what sort of reads of yours tend to be correct vs. not correct – I don’t know how to explain this well, but to use an example from my own play, ‘newbie purity’ reads of mine are barely higher than random accuracy so I try not to put too much stock into them even though they feel correct (obviously I was not perfectly successful in that this game :upside_down_face:).

I thought you did a good job of reevaluating even if you sometimes reevaluated in the wrong direction, and a good job of not breaking down under pressure even when you were being tunnelled.

dont worry about it i did that too like 5 times

@Vulgard at least i can feel better about this

4 Likes

oh ok i missed this lol

I had like 3 different lolcats prepared for end of game but used none of them cuz i thought the mood wasn’t right

I think the funniest thing in this game was definitely ‘apelsin’

7 Likes

feedback me nerd

Honestly I might just go and do that, thanks.

I think you played a great game here fmpov.

1 Like

arete vulgard marshal mvps for sure

The obvious elephant in the room here is ‘don’t snapvote in LyLo,’ I’m aware that you had IRL issues that would have taken you out of the game tomorrow but even if you only had 24 hours rather than 48 to play it wouldn’t have hurt to e.g. spend 12 hours thinking, vote, and ask the rest of the players to try to end it by the 24 hour mark, rather than voting less than half an hour in.

I’m not totally sure what your reasoning behind voting Vul over Marshal was – I assume it had to do with associations/F5 voting, but in general it’s a bad idea to come into LyLo with a person that you’re always voting and a person that you’re never voting, rather than trying to reconsider the whole game. I do think there were some things pointing to Marshal over Vul (such as posts that Vul would ~never make as wolf, or Vul/Atlas associations that would rarely be W/W) – but there were also things pointing to Vul (such as my entire case on him, you did mention that one) and it’s hard to give a general rule for ‘this is what to look for in F3.’ I would say ‘listen to the dead villagers’ but I didn’t actually die for my reads, so.

Beyond your play in F3 – I think it would overall be helpful to try to explain your reads a bit more, there were several places where you really seemed to be struggling to explain your reasoning when asked. This will be helpful both in making it easier for other people to read you, and in improving your own read accuracy (sometimes when you try to explain a read and notice that your reasons aren’t very good, it can help you reevaluate that read and realize that it wasn’t actually correct). This doesn’t necessarily mean ‘do Isos’ – Isos kind of suck, and if trying to do an Iso consistently results in you getting stuck 30 posts in it’s not going to actually help anything – but just, presumably you don’t have your reads for no reason, so try and work on outlining your reasons.

3 Likes

the biggest thing I want to know from arete is how specifically to avoid spewing myself as not w/w with villagers, because my plan was to look w/w with eli when it was me/eli on atlas and vul/atlas on eli, and that obviously didn’t work out.

What can i do better to not do that

you’re also free to, like, criticize the rest of my play if you want to but that’s the thing i care most about

does this include me since we never got to play together this game