ToS2399 - ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ - ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ [ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴡɪɴꜱ] - ᴀᴡ ꜱʜɪᴛ, ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ

ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴀʟᴇᴍ
| 2399 |
ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇꜱᴏʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴘ

ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀ ɪꜱ 2399. ᴢᴀɴᴅᴜ ꜱᴛᴏʀᴘ ᴊʀ. ɪꜱ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ. ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪᴍᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴɪᴛʏ ɪꜱ ᴄᴏɴꜰɪɴᴇᴅ ʜᴀꜱ ʟᴏɴɢ ꜱɪɴᴄᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀʙᴀɴᴅᴏɴᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴄʜɪɴᴇꜱ. ꜱᴛᴏʀᴘ’ꜱ ᴋɴᴏᴡʟᴇᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪᴍᴜʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʜɪꜱ ᴀᴛᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛꜱ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴇ ᴀɴ ɪᴅᴇᴀʟ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ʙʏ ɪɴᴄᴏʀᴘᴏʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴀɪꜱ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴀᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴛʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴘᴇᴀᴋ.

ᴛʜɪꜱ, ɴᴇᴇᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ, ᴅɪᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡᴇʟʟ.

ʀᴜʟᴇꜱ

1. Obey all general forum rules.
  2. This game is Explicitly Bastard. Welcome to the big time, friends.
  3. Due to this game’s status as a bastard game, Wisdom of the Mod is in play. New players and known slankers will not be allowed to join for the sake of the rest of the players.
  4. You may communicate with players about the game, so long as Icibalus and any Spectator Machines are included in this communication at all times.
  5. You may quote and screenshot things from private messages directly into the thread, including things which were never actually said, or don’t mean anything. Do this at your own risk.
  6. Days will be 48 hours. Nights will be 24 hours. Unless otherwise stated.
  7. Any rumours that I have taken inspiration from MANTICHORA and the other hosts of Neo Storpeo are totally baseless just because they happen to be true.

ᴍᴇᴄʜᴀɴɪᴄꜱ

• You may not self-target with abilities unless otherwise stated.
  • Executions will be decided by Plurality unless otherwise stated.
  • This game is highly weird and intricate. As such, I recommend you read your classcard and any other mechanical details I give you carefully.

ꜱɪɢɴᴜᴘꜱ

1. ZoneQ11 - Dead
  2. Mist1422 - Dead
  3. Italy
  4. ClonedCheese - Dead
  5. Simon
  6. PokemonKidRyan
  7. an_gorta_pratai
  8. Wazza - Dead
  9. Apprentice
  10. Marshal
  11. Ami Jane
  12. Intensify - Dead
  13. Arete - Dead
  14. Centuries
  15. KyoDaz - Dead
  16. DatBird
  17. SirDerpsALot - Dead
  18. MaximusPrime - Dead
  19. sulit
  20. Light
  21. Emilia - Dead

ᴄʟᴏɴᴇꜱ

• TheBlueElixir
  • Amelia

ꜱᴘᴇᴄᴛᴀᴛᴏʀꜱ

• Katze
  • Anstreim
  • Chloe

> SYSTEM: Begin record - Cycle 3, 19th June 2399

> Okay, so... I have determined something. It's quite upsetting. A Sentinel *has* gone rogue, and we believe it is hiding in the theme menu. I think it might have made up some themes that don't actually exist. It's corrupted Icibalus, which is really quite frustrating. I will be disabling all themes while we fix the problem.

> Night [0] begins. You may not talk anywhere except StorpNet.

> oh shit

> It was then that the machine, more accurately, the Sentinel, realised his mistake. The rogue sentinel had rigged Storp ULTRA BESPOKE to explode the memories of everybody attatched to it when disabled. In other words, he activated mass amnesia like a fucking moron. Needless to say, this qualifies as an emergency.

> Sending 'Rolecards'

> Alright. So technically, I shouldn’t be briefing any of you on this. I’m Icibalus, a Sentinel. I’m unfortunately going to have to tell you the truth of Storp. After Zandu Storp Jr,. (and I guess some other people) defeated the Machines in Neo Storpeo, he had an idea: become immortal by imprinting his own thoughtwaves into their bodies. This went surprisingly well. The world may technically be run by the Machines, but in reality it is the High Sentinels, living in a pocket simulation called the Automatic Practical Operations Center who control reality.

> It just so happens they control it badly.

THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT

• There are certain images and pieces of text in the game called Incant.json files that if posted in the correct context can trigger certain effects.
  • Incant.json files can also add special abilities to rolecards.
  • Some files are tied to specific roles, but the majority of them are not tied to any particular person and can be purchased throughout the game. Before Day [1], I will send you more details on this.
  • Please note that each Incant.json file is fickle and can only be used so manny times before the simulation catches on.

> Understanding and use of these files will be critical to success in this game. If you have any questions, contact me through StorpNet.

> Day 1 begins at 2020-07-20T17:00:00Z

> What? Surely it won't take that long for everybody to adj- let me investigate this.

> Are you sick of not having access to powers beyond mortal imagination?

> Here at IncantationNation.arg, we are dedicated to providing only the best Incant.json files on the market. TECHNICALLY we are completely illegal and any person connected to StorpNet found buying things from us will result in you losing access to breathing privileges, but we have a little… arrangement, there. So, before you all got your memories wiped, you were all customers here! So we feel obligated to explain our process!

Basic Rules

• Each day, there will be a number of Incant.json files for sale.
  • You may purchase these files with special IncantationNation.arg abilities. These do not count as your day or night action.
  • There are two basic kinds of IncantationNation.arg action:
    • Purchase - Submit 5 security codes.
    • Download - Submit only 1 security code, but gain Download Notes for the file you attempted to acquire.

Security Codes

• So, what are these security codes? Security codes are a number from 1 to 100 that are submitted to gain files.
  • At the end of the day, the player who submitted the lowest Security Code that nobody else submitted on a particular file will acquire the file.
  • Confused? Here is an example below, simplified, of course:

Three players are attempting to acquire file exam.PLE:

• Billy Bloobleplop, a wonderful specimen of a man.
  • Plungleberry Dinklefin, professional cat farmer
  • Arete, a nerd.

Billy submits a Download action with Security Code 1.
Plungleberry submits a Purchase action with Security Codes 1, 5, 6, 9, 69.
Arete submits a Purchase action with Security Codes 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

That means the following security codes are submitted at the end of the day:

exam.PLE - 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 9, 69

Since both Billy and Plungleberry submitted number 1, the lowest number nobody else chose is 2, and thus Arete gets the file. Billy, however, submitted a Download action, and thus he gets limited information about the file that Arete acquired through the file’s Download Notes

> The available files for Day 1 will be announced with Start of Day. Some roles may have abilities which interact with this shop in unique ways.

1 Like

> In the Raining Square of Salem, twenty-one confused residents stumbled, fascinating by the unyielding emptiness beneath their feet. The Raining Square is built entirely out of entities that could not exist in the real world- solid, unbreakable barriers that nonetheless are unbound by the constraints of light. The only reason the stumbling hackers knew which way to go was because of the rain- spiralling down from the clouds and hitting the stones where it pleased, revealing the way. This rain, of course, was cheated in, and impossible to feel, impossible to drink. It also was rendered very improperly.

> Visible only in a million raindrops was the glowing nexus of eyes that calls itself SYSTEM. The figures could only see him through their peripheral vision, looking to and fro to find the shimmering invisibility. He spake thus:

> Right, uh yes. You've received your rolecards. I've given you some designations, the best I can. Essentially, a sentinel, Icibalus, a former member of APOC, has gone rogue. I'm not sure what's going on. But I believe he's enlisted your cooperation, somehow. Uh, I mean some of you.

> The monstrous machine, barely comprised of Storp at all, began to chitter meaninglessly-

> Hold on a moment. Look, at least one of you is a traitor, kill them before it's too late! Bye! DO NOT INTERRUPT ME, ICIBALUS. YOU ARE FAULTY AND IT IS MY JOB TO FIX YOU >Oh, is it now? >Shut it. And don't interrupt me.

> Day 1 begins. You have 48 hours to decide on a player to execute.
> You may now post here, and in private communications with other players, so long as I am included. And before any of you get clever, you cannot add people to your StorpNet channel.

first

have fun in the everybody-but-Arete thread everyone :^)

ayaya

> Are you ready? Because we are!

> In the skies above Salem, a dangerous and surely Anti-Storp force placed an anentena, and locked it in place with some horriifc developer asset the monsters who trapped humanity here undoubtedly left in the source code by accident. It appears that you are being contacted by IncantationNation.arg, citizens. Well, these are dangerous times, and call for dangerous measures. You may purchase things from them, I suppose...?

> Cool! Here are the Incant.json files available for today!

> BAMB.oozle
> Storp.Now!
> bleed.Red

> Submit a Purchase, Download or other IncantationNation.arg action by the end of the day to have a chance of acquiring one of these three files! This does not count as a day ability.

The everyone but arete chat has been created

this is glorious

@Arete get EXCLUDED

good morning gamers

ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ᵈᵒ ᵃ ʰᵒˢᵗ ᵖᶦⁿᵍ @Icibalus

I guess I’m arete then

Gamer reference

Butter
Boxed in
Self vote
AtE
Hotel?