[FoL] FoL23 - Day 4 - The Unseen and the Fool win!

You can’t mechanically confirm players nearly as easily
Claiming just makes the Prince hunt significantly easier for scum

You’re probably right and I’m probably overthinking everything.
I wouldn’t solidify a TR on Kape by this point though due to the excessive shade.

I’m realizing that town Dat is usually more active and slightly less fluff compared to scum Dat.

Here are my thoughts so far. I still don’t want to tunnel, so I will hold my perceptions lightly, but this is just what I see for now:

Top BD reads: Maxwell & Htm

Top Scum reads: Kape & Derp

Maxwell is being helpful and trying to push discussion out into the chat. Reads very BD to me. I don’t think scum would draw this much attention to themselves. I could be underestimating Max, he might be the best FoL player ever, but otherwise I seriously do trust him. He does seem quick to push suspicion on others, but I do think he is just BD trying to figure out who is scum and doesn’t have any ill intent with it.

Htm is using ISOs and trying to figure out who is saying meaningless things that aren’t helpful toward BD, which I think is useful in determining who is evil. They don’t talk that much, but they weren’t all that talkative in the last FoL match that I partially read and they were GK. I do think they are trying to deduce with BD genuinely.

Derp has said nothing to try to help deduce. They are a new FoL player, but still, if they were BD don’t you think they would at least try to make an effort?

Kape is talking less than usual(?) according to Arete, and he is also pushing suspicion on me when he knows that I am new.

1 Like
Alice Quotes

Posting this for later.

Which do you think this Dat is, and why?

I recommend not making wallposts and using quotes to back up your points.
Hot take here but posting readslists don’t help town move forward much at all, rather just reinforce the common townreads and scumreads, which creates polarization if you end up being wrong on either.

Kinda scum-leaning
He hasn’t been very active and only his last 6 posts have been the only contributing ones.

I’ll concur for now. Huge gaps in activity.

I don’t think I would be very good at commenting on what people individually say, and TBH I find that less useful. It’s just knit picking at things people say individually instead of what they’re saying as a whole. Other people can do the commentary on quotes, but I’m just gonna do “wall posts”.

Try looking at things from multiple perspectives and try to see a through line.
Generally scum have difficulties keeping a consistent narrative due to the nature of their wincon.

@Htm

If you are able, could you do an ISO dive and post some Dat quotes from RM3 here?
I don’t think your read is implausible at this point.

1 Like

I guess, but everyone else is already doing the quote thing. I might as well do something different, right? That will be more helpful if we have multiple types of scum reading

I would listen to geyde on this.
He’s a mod here for a reason. He is incredibly skilled at forum mafia.

There are different ways to scumread, but it all goes back to one central idea:

• Is the player genuine in their motivation to solve, or not?

A few lenses you can use to help solve:

• meta (does this player typically act this way as a particular alignment?)
  • progression (how they develop their reads [typically scum will struggle to have genuine progression])
  • tone (how a player talks. This one is the least exact of a science).

Got the archive in case you’d like to look. He had 64 posts in that game.
https://forum.imperium42.com/t/fm-ritual-mafia-3-heretics-win/77006/4

1 Like
RM3 Dat

I’ve done it already
You don’t have to now.

On it rn, I had to go for a few minutes.

Nvm then