[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Game Over. Humans Win!

EoD2 Vote Count

Vote Target Voted By Votes
thepigeonnyc Clownzu 1/7
Marluxion clonedcheese 1/7
Whysper WindwardAway, thepigeonnyc, Marluxion, Vulgard, January, Nuclear_Rehab, City 7/7
clonedcheese Whysper 1/7
Clownzu Zone_Q11 1/7
Nuclear_Rehab min 1/7
Not Voting EliThePsycho 1

You have five minutes to ping me with corrections.

3 Likes

Whysper has been executed! She was:

Sylmare, an elf.

Night 2 begins and will end in just over 24 hours, at 2021-07-22T21:00:00Z. Actions are due 1 hour before the end of the night.

3 Likes

EoD2 Flavor

An excerpt from the official history textbook of the Human Empire, Year Six.

Part 3: The Talion Trials – Continued

Although the imposition of martial law was designed to persecute humans residing in Talion, Talion’s long-term residents primarily used it against other elves in Talion. Furthermore, they did not fairly consider the evidence both for and against the victims of their action. In the Human Empire, courts are required to meet the standard of Preponderance of the Evidence in order to convict someone of a crime, which requires that the evidence against them outweigh the evidence in their favor. In the Talion Trials, those accused were instead required to prove their own innocence, and presumed guilty if they failed to do so.

One example of the lack of consideration for due process in Talion is the case of Sylmare, the second elf to die in the Talion Trials. Sylmare was fifty-three years old at the time of the Talion Trials. (At the time, the traditional age of adulthood in Alva was one hundred years old.) However, two days after the start of the Talion Trials, she successfully and publicly cast a Fireguidance Spell. The surviving records are unclear on exactly why this is viewed as suspicious, but the leading theory is that she had previously struggled with that spell in her classes, and she was therefore suspected of being a human imposter taking advantage of their magical prowess.

Despite the fact that she was still a child by the standards of their culture, the residents of Talion made no allowances for her age in their punishment. She was publicly executed, and even the revelation that she was innocent did not cause the residents of Talion to rethink their policy of martial law.

Comprehension Questions

1. What standard of evidence is used in legal proceedings in the Human Empire?
  2. How old was Sylmare when she was killed by the elves living in Talion? Why was this age significant?
  3. What factors led to Sylmare’s death?

Discussion Questions

1. How does the requirement that courts in the Human Empire adhere by the standard of Preponderance of the Evidence exemplify the Empire’s values of fairness and justice?
  2. Do you think that children should be punished for crimes in the same ways as adults? Why or why not?
  3. Was Talion’s requirement that those accused of crimes prove their innocence fair? How might this requirement unfairly disadvantage some people?
4 Likes

Actions are locked as of 19 minutes ago

End of Night 2 Flavor

An excerpt from the most popular history textbook of the Province of Alva, typically used for children between the ages of forty and fifty.

Chapter 4: The Gold Rush

Part 6: Alva Responds

Key Terms: Councilor, Tannatar and Maiele, Lower Council, curfew, Telepathic Message

A turning point in the Gold Rush period came when the two heirs to a minor Councilor were killed in the invasion. Tannatar and Maiele, heirs to Councilor Fanora, were visiting Talion long-term in order to supervise the ongoing projects. It is unknown whether their social standing contributed to the decision to kill them; however, they were both found dead in their manor, with Tannatar having seemingly been killed by a Firetouch Curse and Maiele having been killed by a Breathsnatcher Charm.

As a result of their deaths, the Lower Council began to treat the invading humans as a serious threat. Whereas previously the situation in Talion was regarded as an isolated incident of violence, the Lower Council realized that it posed a serious threat to Talion and to all of Alva. As a result, they implemented several restrictions in an attempt to preserve the safety of Talion, such as implementing a nightly curfew and requiring all citizens to submit detailed personal information to the Lower Council via a Telepathic Message spell. Additionally, they began preparations to send a delegation of trained mindreaders to Talion. As Talion was warded against teleportation, however, the Lower Council expected it to take days or weeks before the mindreaders reached Talion.

Practical Connection!

Prior to the Gold Rush invasion, the Breathsnatcher Charm was legal for use in self-defense and hunting, although using it as part of an assault or murder was not allowed. However, after the deaths of Tannatar and Maiele, the Legislative Council revisited those laws, and ultimately determined that the Breathsnatcher Charm served no legitimate purpose that could not be accomplished by equally simple and less lethal spells. As a result, in 2761, the Breathsnatcher Charm was made illegal in all circumstances. Its use now carries a presumption of intent to do violence.

Try it at home!

The Lower Council still exists today, and regularly receives letters from constituents. Look up who the Representative of Children is on the Lower Council, and try sending them a letter about an issue that’s important to you. Then, answer the following questions:

1. What did you write to your Councilor about? Why did you choose that issue?
2. Many countries do not have any sort of representation for children. How does the Representative of Children help ensure that all elves have a voice in our government?
3. How does the division between the Lower Council, Upper Council, and Legislative Council allow Councilors to better carry out their duties?

5 Likes

EliThePsycho has died in the night! He was:

Tannatar, an Elf.

thepigeonnyc has died in the night! He was:

Maiele, an Elf.

Note: The order in which the deaths were listed was determined at random.

Day 3 begins and will end in 48 hours, at 2021-07-24T21:00:00Z, or earlier if a majority is reached for execution. With 10 players alive, majority is 6.

:confused:
someone’s cringe

Vigi shot pigeon

@clonedcheese
@January
@Vulgard
@Marluxion
@Zone_Q11
@min
@City
@Nuclear_Rehab
@WindwardAway
@Clownzu

overnight post inc

claim

why wind is cringe
Opener - scumreads me which is just way too easy

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #272 by WindwardAway

Opener - by coming in with “welp Warrior Cats”, sets up an easy point of suspicion without having to do much
If anyone has seen me in Warrior Cats I didn’t act that different from any one of my games lol
In addition, light TMI on leafia by calling her town because im scummy

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #327 by WindwardAway

finding an excuse to continue that scumread on me - it’s not really consequential that im acting bold in the beginning of the game, so it’s really weird for them to continuously push on this for so long
even after they supposedly understand where im coming from, they still throw shade at my supposed wolfiness

D1: Killing Leafia

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #1594 by WindwardAway

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #1595 by WindwardAway

She maintains an extremely iffy attitude on leafia, yet somehow has a strong conviction about seeing TMI; she never bothers to show anyone the posts she thought were TMI-y.

Similar strategy here to her opener; both leafia and i have been scum in recent games with apparently visible differences, all wind’s doing here is saying that we have those traits when in actuality we don’t

D1 & D2: Killing Silviu/Whysper

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2145 by WindwardAway

Casually drops in a silviu read in the middle of talking about marl/vulgard and leafia with no explanation - seeing a pattern?

Then when confronted:

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2149 by WindwardAway

Again, an extremely light read.

Now here we see a ML setup chain, off of one post:

Bunch of links

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2153 by Silviu200530
[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2155 by WindwardAway
[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2157 by Silviu200530
[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2160 by WindwardAway
[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2166 by WindwardAway
[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2167 by Silviu200530
[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2168 by Silviu200530
[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2179 by WindwardAway

Town!Silviu makes the comment that “maybe leafia pushed on marl/vulgard cuz she was just annoyed” - the wording itself, stating that leafia “found them scummy,” comes from someone who’s doubtful that leafia’s scum, especially combined with starting the post with “I think”

But Wind somehow morphs this into a town!leafia TMI from silviu (aided by leafia who knows their alignment), which w!windward would know of already; thus, by stretching the logic here she basically sets up an ML along the lines of “leafia’s gonna flip soon, I can chain silviu onto this”

And later, they continue to frame silviu in a bad light, with extremely farfetched logic. In response to this post:

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #2185 by Silviu200530

which is clearly “I only agree with some parts cuz that’s how I usually play,” wind just goes “whatever” and votes silviu. And later when trying to explain themselves further during D2, wind claims that silviu somehow “dodged their scumread”; it’s clear from silviu’s post that they didn’t really understand wind’s point and was talking from their own pov, which again adds to the weirdness of the accusations against silviu

And although they do discuss other slots over the course of D2, they just continue to coast on this logic:

[VFM] Elf Gold Rush - Night 2 (12/15) - #3171 by WindwardAway

Their case slowly becomes “silviu is just scummy” and in their wallposts they don’t really show the “TMI” they claim silviu has D1

I didn’t really read through wind’s wall on silviu before and just went with it since whysper was being weird to me; in hindsight, I should’ve looked through a little more and made sure that the initial case was accurate

Sorry Whysper
Should’ve just taken you for the pure soul you are ._.

TL;DR: wind plops down scumreads on people and doesn’t explain them: on me, leafia, and silviu, successfully executing 2 of them

/vote Wind

top of the playerlist to the bottom before any voting or hinting at roles we need to claim

can i wait for everyone to be here
or is that even possible

HOW MANY TIMES DID I NEED TO MAKE IT CLEAR THAT I PEEKED PIGEON

YOU ABSOLUTE PEPEGAS

ugh

By the way, I’m claiming last. I’m gonna CC someone who claims my role if they do.

basically everyone alive is now in my poe
this will do nothing but help me sort this game

well it’ll help everyone sort the game but me especially

honestly I give up, whoever the vig is

you are so bad