Shortnight 2: Return of the POGGERS - Day 5 [6/15] - Mafoa win, Everybody (including chloe) loses

I’m not really willing to give her more than a day phase of leeway, but we’ll see.

/vote Firekitten

Windward is my second choice.

1 Like

I’m giving her 24h to become an obvious villager before I tunnel her through the center of the earth tomorrow

I didn’t prep for a world where Arete died

I legitimately was hoping and praying that arete wouldn’t die

I spent the few hours that I had last night towncasing Arete because it was the best use of the time that i had, and it ended up being a waste
But I don’t regret it
In the chance Arete lived to today they would be a very important slot to solve, and I wanted to put all my effort into making that possible

1 Like

me: you cant just ignore my 15 page long google documents thought dump

you guys: haha livethreading goes brr

post the case

TOWNRETE - A ChloeFreakinB Novel

I am currently writing this post after having done 10 hours of physics and biology coursework, so my brain is completely and utterly fried. I’m going to try my best to make it coherent, but if there are any points where you’re unclear on what I’m trying to say, please bring it up.

Chloe why did you spend so fucking long explaining why Arete is town rather than finding wolves?

Short answer: I don’t have all the time in the world, and this is the best use of the time that I do have.

Long answer:
Because Arete is legitimately the most important slot in this game to solve before we can get anything done today.

They are a slot that is greatly in contention, and I see wolves as trying to push agenda against them today. I especially see people as trying to push an Arete/Chloe w/w world after Marshal’s v-flip, so I made sure to explain my read on an individual basis too, and not just ‘wolfrete wouldn’t write that v/v post.’

I re-read their entire ISO from a fresh perspective and tried to determine if they’re more likely to be a villager or a wolf. I came out of this with a 100% read on Arete being a villager.

I am ride or die on this.

A weak point in the grand scheme of things, but Arete was the first person to vote and pressure me. I gave them points for this, as, even though it isn’t farfetched I don’t see wolfrete pushing me at the start of the day and allowing me to become obvtown right off the bat.

Wolfrete might jokingly push me, then back off and look elsewhere. But in this instance Arete kept on it and pushed and poked to get a reaction out of me.

They think that I’m easily readable based on my opener, and I find their thought process and push on my slot to be village-motivated.

They were wrong, but I can see how they got there on all of their points. Nothing reeks of agenda or misconstruing my words, but it’s rather a legitimate attempt to sort me.

Along with this
I find their focus on me in specific to be townie. As a wolf, Arete tends to chillax at SoD, mention a few quick and easy townreads on people, and generally push for people who are considered LHF or consensus

Meta break:

Arete’s opener is nothing like their wolfgames. Their tone is consistent and solvey. It’s partially agitated, and you can feel their thoughts in every post.
For example

Whereas, in wolfgames, arete just feels fake as shit
Legitimately, they have a hard time faking their village tone as a wolf
It’s very similar to how people tend to read Vulgard in that, as a wolf, their posts simply don’t feel like they’re written by a villager
To make up for this, as a wolf they fall into a few habits at the start of the day:

1. Memeing
  2. Talking about Vague Mafia Theory and ‘how we need to play this game to win’ when the answers are pretty damn obvious, or asking questions that don’t progress the thread in any meaningful fashion. Basically, they like to talk about things to look productive, rather than actually trying to be productive
  3. Pushing on easy slots, and townreading slots that are easy to townread without looking like you have TMI. Voting the people who don’t have distinct townmetas, or people who others seem to have voiced scumreads on

Here are some of Arete’s recent games. (I don’t know if they have other recent games on other sites or anything, but these are the ones I remember and have read fully)

Town games:
https://fol-archive.netlify.app/t/corrupt-votes-fm-day-6-3-15-town-wins-by-voting-out-town/84170
https://fol-archive.netlify.app/t/fm-yes-we-can-t-have-nice-things-because-this-is-a-clown-fiesta-sequel-endgame-3-22/85454
^ weirdass bastard game so like
way different setting

Scum games:
https://fol-archive.netlify.app/t/fm-shortnight-game-thread-day-2-marshal-default-dance-wins-town-games-poggers/84548/
https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/threads/jojos-bizarre-adventure-part-7-forum-mafia-game-thread-8-19-game-over.525/participant?user=179
^ This is their ISO, since it might be hard to navigate MC if you’ve never used it
https://fol-archive.netlify.app/t/autumn-invitational-day-4-5-13-town-wins/84772

Arete has insanely different tone and behavior than their scumgames
They are actively solving, contributing unique thoughts that look and feel genuine, and not being an awkward sack of potatoes

They feel comfortable and focused.

We’ve mindmelded on quite a few points. Trivial things, too.
Mindmelding with me isn’t out of Arete’s scumrange but there have been some times when I don’t think a wolf would even have those thoughts:

Sure, this could look like a wolf trying to set up chain-MLs for when I flip town, but I legitimately don’t think it is, as, well, I had the literal same exact thoughts.

Arete doesn’t use NKA to push any angles, but instead sees multiple worlds where Marl could have died:

I feel like Arete noting that I was annoyed with Blizer isn’t something a wolf would think?:

This series of thoughts is extremely villagery. Arete was the only person to seriously consider a world in which me/Marshal are v/v. Wolfrete has absolutely no reason to do this and would just allow the wagons to continue. Hell, they would probably agree that wagons are likely v/w so that they can chain ML us. Tldr, they would agree with consensus as a wolf, yet here they did this. I’m putting this sentence here to see if anyone is even reading my post; whats your favorite number?

If Arete is a wolf, they’re intentionally removing the possibility of a gorta ML by stating that Marshal/Gorta are very very likely to be the same alignment. A wolf would want to keep their options open:

On Ranch:

On a surface level, Arete’s vote looks opportunistic and it doesn’t fit the flow of the thread.
However, they have a legitimate point.
From my perspective, FK could 100% be a wolf who was trying to derail the conversation in order to lower the pressure on his scumbud. Arete’s entire PoE jumped at the opportunity to discredit them, and the thread began to focus solely on Arete’s vote, rather than… the discussion with Wind, which was objectively more important. This is heavily indicative of wolves pushing a narrative.

Even if you do view this interaction as wolfy, in the grand scheme of things, its ONE point against arete. On a macro level, arete is extremely villagery. A single moment of scumminess is not enough to counteract this.
In fact, this is a point against Firekitten. As someone who is greatly overusing Mafia Theory this game, he should know that macroreads are more important than microreads.

This ranch point is literally the only thing wolves have to latch on to to make Arete look wolfy on an individual level.

TLDR: Arete is one of the most obvious fucking villagers here. No, I am not giving a summary. Read the goddamn post.

1 Like

read the whole thing then

no I’m not reading it I just wanted to know it existed

mmm

I don’t have the WiM for this

killing arete and then making a wall post about how Arete and Chloe is a lock wolf is something I would think to do but I’m not sure if Chloe would make a big-ass wall post about arete and then kill them

okay why

because i could have written it as a wolf too

read the content
the fact that it exists is not important for determining my alignment
but what i wrote is

you refusing to read it is directly counteracting any chances of finding me as town

so unless you’re trying to NOT find me as town
read it

/vote WindwardAway

I just wanted to make sure you weren’t bullshiting
I’m not going to be wasting my time reading it

read it

you arent making any true effort to solve my slot

Ban Count

Getting Banned Banners Votes to be Banned
Firekitten Chloe, osieorb18 2/6
WindwardAway Light 1/6
Not Voting sulit, Firekitten, an_gorta_pratai, WindwardAway, Grace, Centuries, Leafia, Blizer 8

Chloe if I was a wolf I would be saying “sure” but I’m not going to read it because I don’t think reading a wall post about why arete is town when he died is going to be productive in reading you

I just wanted to know it existed

I don’t know if me disagreeing with some of chloe’s points is townie scummy or just me being confbiased so hard the moment I saw red text in the day flavor I thought scum killed their teammate

rhey

theres more than just ‘arete is town’ in there

and it perfectly displays my thought process on arete and i legitimately would not be able to fake that as a wolf

the fact that its about arete doesnt matter
its a post written by your highest scumread and you have an obligation to read it